Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gray Tank Valve Stuck at Camp Ground

Hello,

We took our TT out for the weekend after it sitting since Mid february from our trip to Florida. The front grey and black tank were a little tight, but they drained. The back grey valve is seized pretty badly. I've been spraying it with wd40 for 2 days at the handle.

Is there a way to drop the belly and loosed or pull something by hand, or any other ways to free this up?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just grip the rod with pliers or vise grips and wiggle it until it pulls out

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Just grip the rod with pliers or vise grips and wiggle it until it pulls out

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    This ^^^

I had the exact same issue. A pair of pliers and used a clockwise/counter-clockwise turning motion until it loosened and could pull out.

Try some lithium grease as well.

Hope you get it freed up!
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 6.7 Diesel Platinum SRW 4X4
    Curt Q20 Slider

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem earlier in the year but was lucky and WD40 freed it up. Based on discussions on this site, I have ordered some ACF-50 (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P1C8UO...ing=UTF8&psc=1) to lubricate and plan on doing it regularly to keep it from sticking.

As a side note I ordered the above last Monday at $4 less than it is now. Seems Amazon prices fluctuate with how much is left in stock.
    2018 Imagine 2500RL
    2016 F150 with 3.5L Ecoboost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of WD40 get a can of PB Blaster. It breaks rust free and also has a lubricant to prevent recurrence.. spray at handle area as best possible and use rag to catch dripping..let it set for an nor and try working free.. once it moves a bit spray more and let sit and repeat. Once fully free with handle fully extended spray quite a bit and it will slowly weep in between cable and outer sheath.

I spray mine a few times a year with this and after 8 years they still pull with two fingers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D84C0BE2-E767-4723-8BC9-F81F24292BFF.jpeg  

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the help.

I was able to climb under there and pull the cord myself to release the water. I have the TT at stolzfus now getting fixed up under warranty.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.