User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Hello from Colorado in a 2021 Momentum G-Class 21G TT

After ~8 months or research-paralysis, my wife and I took possession of a fully loaded 2021 Momentum G-Class 21G TT at the end of 2020 (November). Unfortunately, we decided to take the camper straight to the storage after purchase since we were not quite ready for a winter outing as our "maiden voyage" . Fortunately, since the rig is indoors, we have been able to spend the winter visiting the rig going through and testing components, situating camping items and tools, and just generally learning the ins and outs of the rig.

We have also spent countless hours studying up on "all things RVing" and cannot thank the community enough for the plethora of helpful videos, forums, and other resources out there. We feel like we have been doing this for years with all the knowledge we have been able to accumulate and cannot wait to get some experience under our belt. Only downside of our relentless research was the realization that we wanted some safer payload numbers, so we opted for a tow vehicle upgrade as well . To say we are excited to get started for the 2021 season would be an understatement!

This will be our first camper after a couple of decades tent camping throughout Colorado so we're definitely looking forward to all the additional creature-features . We have some long-haul trips planned in 2021 to include Yellowstone and even put Alaska on the map for 2022.

See you all around the forums.
    Josh & Candice
    2021 Grand Design Momentum G-Class 21G
    2021 Ford F-350 SD King Ranch SRW, 10-Speed, 6.7L V8 32V DDI OHV Turbo Diesel, 4WD
    2020 Polaris RZR 900 Fox Edition

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRKy24 View Post
    After ~8 months or research-paralysis, my wife and I took possession of a fully loaded 2021 Momentum G-Class 21G TT at the end of 2020 (November). Unfortunately, we decided to take the camper straight to the storage after purchase since we were not quite ready for a winter outing as our "maiden voyage" . Fortunately, since the rig is indoors, we have been able to spend the winter visiting the rig going through and testing components, situating camping items and tools, and just generally learning the ins and outs of the rig.

We have also spent countless hours studying up on "all things RVing" and cannot thank the community enough for the plethora of helpful videos, forums, and other resources out there. We feel like we have been doing this for years with all the knowledge we have been able to accumulate and cannot wait to get some experience under our belt. Only downside of our relentless research was the realization that we wanted some safer payload numbers, so we opted for a tow vehicle upgrade as well . To say we are excited to get started for the 2021 season would be an understatement!

This will be our first camper after a couple of decades tent camping throughout Colorado so we're definitely looking forward to all the additional creature-features . We have some long-haul trips planned in 2021 to include Yellowstone and even put Alaska on the map for 2022.

See you all around the forums.
    Welcome to the group. Quite the upgrade from tent camping. Lol.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same with us! Glad we were able to pick up a new 21G before the supply seemed to dry up here in Canada. Haven’t seen one listed in a while!

Does yours have a 12V fridge only? That was the only surprise when we went to pick it up. I thought it was going to be the standard electric/propane. Did some research and am still happy with it.

Safe travels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21GFamily View Post
    Does yours have a 12V fridge only? That was the only surprise when we went to pick it up. I thought it was going to be the standard electric/propane. Did some research and am still happy with it.
    No definitely runs both electric and propane. That’s certainly odd that yours is only 12V?

Even the current manual (2021) refers to the Norcold Refrigerator (AC / LP /12V).
    Last edited by JRKy24; 04-11-2021 at 11:16 PM.
    Josh & Candice
    2021 Ford F-350 SD King Ranch SRW, 10-Speed, 6.7L V8 32V DDI OHV Turbo Diesel, 4WD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 2021 and it is only electric and propane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Build date was December 2020. When I spoke with the dealer about it he said GD was experiencing a shortage of the propane/electric fridges hence the 12V. Was a bit disappointed as we boondock quite a bit but it looks like the 12V fridges have come along way and are becoming more common. Will be upgrading our battery system anyway and will be taking note of the electrical consumption when in use. Will ensure to share the data

2020 GMC HD3500 Denali Duramax SRW
    2021 Momentum 21G
    3 Young ones and a patient wife

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Build date was December 2020. When I spoke with the dealer about it he said GD was experiencing a shortage of the propane/electric fridges hence the 12V. Was a bit disappointed as we boondock quite a bit but it looks like the 12V fridges have come along way and are becoming more common. Will be upgrading our battery system anyway and will be taking note of the electrical consumption when in use. Will ensure to share the data

2021 Momentum 21G
    We picked up our 31G in November and our fridge is 12v only as well. We have the solar package and seems like that may be a common thing if you have solar. We boondock a lot and would have preferred propane as well. I installed two BB batteries, so it hasn’t been a deal breaker.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please share your experiences.......all of the xplor trailers only have 12V refs.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Momentum 21G
    Is the build date on the sticker on deciphered from the vin? I can check ours just for gee-wiz.

I have no data yet as to consumption for either 12v or propane but my plan is to also log it for the first few trips. I have a generator and solar so hopefully that’s enough to get us by but the dealer did recommend at least a 2nd 12v battery which seems like a win win. I plan to see how we do with a single battery out of the gate and go from there.

Josh & Candice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I think of it I do recall the dealer also saying that I had the 12V because I also have the solar package and genny...

2021 Momentum 21G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast