We have a 2018 2600RB, with the 3,400 lbs axles. It has a GVWR of only 6.995 lbs, so very limited cargo capacity. I believe they started putting 4.400# axles maybe in 2020, and increased the cargo capacity by about 1.000 lbs. Other than presumably springs/suspension, does anyone know if they also upgraded the frame at all? I.e. if we put on the 4.400 lbs axles and changed out the suspension, would we then have the same 7,850 CCC that the new 2600RB's have? (Whether "certified" or not.). I've seen several posts about upgrading the axles/suspension: if memory serves seems like it was a $3-$4K job?

We like to boondock, but can't really carry much water without being overweight; which is of course a big problem. We've replaced the mattress with a Casper, which is pretty heavy; and I built step platforms for each side of the bed as the Casper makes it pretty high, and those add weight. Other than that though we really don't load up with a lot of heavy stuff, so don't see much room to solve the problem with being able to carry water by lightening our load in other areas.

I've heard people say Dexter replaced their axles for them at no cost, but I'm not sure how/why. I see recalls on various Dexter axles on various Grand Design models, but not on the 2108 2600RB's with the 3,400 lbs axles. We haven't had any problems with them. And we're the second owners.