User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added a Cabinet in the garage to my 395

e love the new 395 we purchased but the standard cabinet in the garage is useless. We decided to add a small cabinet and di it on a track system to spread the load.
    The cabinet is only 35 lbs It should help with a little extra space. I is a New Age Bold 3.0 series.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210406_172522.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	33360

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    e love the new 395 we purchased but the standard cabinet in the garage is useless. We decided to add a small cabinet and di it on a track system to spread the load.
    The cabinet is only 35 lbs It should help with a little extra space. I is a New Age Bold 3.0 series.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210406_172522.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	33360
    Very nice!
    2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
    2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
    2020 Momentum 376THS
    We're both proud USAF Retirees...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We decided to add a small cabinet and di it on a track system to spread the load.
    That's a very good idea, thanks for sharing it. Can I ask how you attached the railing? Did you find studs (wood or aluminum) in the walls? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks again!
    signature

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the stud on the right side, I found a stud in the corner, I found a stud on the left side about halfway out from the corner the width of the cabinet. I wanted to support the end of the track at the rail for the bed on the left so I bought a thin sheet of sheet metal, actually a kickplate for the bottom of a home entry I riveted two pcs of sheet metal on the left ends of the track, removed one bolt holding the upper bed track, slid the sheet metal under the rail and shot the screw back in. This baby is solid. Just got back from 26 hours or driving to Bristol TN, to see the Outlaw sprints on the dirt at bristol motor speedway, The cabinet door is held by locking or by a magnet. The Magnet held fine. I could easily stack another cabinet on top with no issues.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so I bought a thin sheet of sheet metal, actually a kickplate for the bottom of a home entry I riveted two pcs of sheet metal on the left ends of the track, removed one bolt holding the upper bed track, slid the sheet metal under the rail and shot the screw back in.
    Again, thanks for the ideas.

I just finished mounting this PitPosse dual helmet bay rack in the same location as your cabinet. For wall support, I used the happi jack rack and 2 aluminum interior wall studs on either side of the window. This is VERY solid - I can almost hang from it (almost because I need to lose some weight first )

Here are a couple of photos of the installation .. (I did paint the screws/washers black so it blends in a little better)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210730_143859.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	35784

Name:	20210730_143838a.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	35785
    signature

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who care, here's the cabinet in action. 2 helmets, 2 sets of leathers, a pair of boots, small gear bag, bike cover, and a bag of spare faceshields.

There's lots more room in this cabinet than I thought!

(sorry for the bad metering)

Name:	cabinet.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	35894
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 08-05-2021 at 01:16 PM.
    signature