User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Hey @slatevt, looks like you're pretty new here, welcome to the forum. It can be frustrating getting the quick connect to connect. Are you sure you have the lock lever in the horizontal direction? On my Reflection, we use this hose (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q2Q5LPN) for our fire ring. It connects well but I'm not sure if it would work for your grill.
    I've tried with the lock lever in both positions, horizontal and vertical. The Quick Connect won't connect. It Won't lock in.

Also, the end connection in your link looks just like the connection on the cable I have (for the RV side). I just can't get it to connect.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group and the 22mle gang. Here's the hose that I got for our blackstone. 12FT RV Quick Connect Propane Hose with Propane Elbow Adapter for Blackstone 17" and 22" Table Grill and Most LP Gas Grill with 3/8'' Connect Fitting https://a.co/d/goMf9O2
    However, I do remember when we first got our 22mle that I was having a hard time getting our Napoleon to stay connected. I was on my knees having to put lots of pressure for it to lock in. It was like that for the entire first season. Even with our camp chief burner. Oddly enough, that problem went away. Now they go in easily.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably need to try a different 1/4 in quick connect just to see if it will connect. This one certainly won't. (I also had a friend try and he couldn't get it either.)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried pushing in the locking collar on the female connection (the one on the trailer) partway while inserting the hose connector? Sometimes those connectors are pretty hard to get to work otherwise.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Didn't help. It seems like the end of the male quick connect is just too long, so it bottoms out before the quick connect can latch (?).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221012_030101063.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	43371

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe make sure the receiving part is fully articulating. Hit it with a little shot of wd40, little shot just to make sure is is moving full travel and smoothly. I know the one on my rig also is kind of tough to fully insert. The male side looks about right.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have collected several LP hoses from various grills over the years. All connected easily to some trailer at some time or other. However, on my new 3100RD I now have some of those hoses that will not connect to the trailer, but will connect to another hose. Obviously the connection on the trailer has a problem.
    2023 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 3100RD
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Maybe make sure the receiving part is fully articulating. Hit it with a little shot of wd40, little shot just to make sure is is moving full travel and smoothly. I know the one on my rig also is kind of tough to fully insert. The male side looks about right.

Bill
    +1 to the WD40. From your photo @slatevt, it looks like the dimensions on your connector are about right. If lubrication doesn't do the trick, could you sand just a smidge off the end of the connector? Don't go too far, a leak is the last thing you want.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    +1 to the WD40. From your photo @slatevt, it looks like the dimensions on your connector are about right. If lubrication doesn't do the trick, could you sand just a smidge off the end of the connector? Don't go too far, a leak is the last thing you want.
    I got the thing to fit!!! Boy is it a tight fit but it now goes in and out... still with some effort, but should at least work.

A combination of WD-40 and a lot of wiggling the connector got it to actually seat in place.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slatevt View Post
    I got the thing to fit!!! Boy is it a tight fit but it now goes in and out... still with some effort, but should at least work.

A combination of WD-40 and a lot of wiggling the connector got it to actually seat in place.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!!
    One last thing, I find that I have to push the collar back when connecting the hose.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast