User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane Quick Connect Question

I've scoured the internet, read my grill manual, and poured through some old posts on this forum, and still am NOT clear on what I need to connect my Coleman Roadtrip (9903 series) grill to my 2021 Transcend Xplor.

We have an outside quick connect on the side of the camper to connect a grill. I assume it is regulated. Can I simply buy a hose to connect to my grill or do I actually need to remove the regulator on the grill? I'd appreciate some guidance as well as suggestions on which product(s) to buy.

I'm also open to purchasing a free standing grill that will not require any regulator mods. So I welcome suggestions here as well.

Thank you so much.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several years ago, there were a bunch of posts on RV.Net about none of the currently available QD fittings being able to adapt to the RV QD because of Coleman supposedly using proprietary gas fittings at the regulator, which would have to be removed. I did not pursue finding out because I had and still have a Weber grill. I also have a Camp Chef stove and a Blackstone griddle, all able to accept the standard QD fittings.
    I find it hard to believe that Coleman would go to the expense of manufacturing or purchasing exotic sized fittings. The regulator has to be removable one way or the other and then you can find out the thread size and start piecing together a system.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check You Tube. There is a video about a kit that will do exactly what you want it to do.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just converted a Roadtrip 225 portable grill. Went to Propanegear.com for the parts. Great service response via email and quick shipment.

Dutchman2

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiking Girl View Post
    I've scoured the internet, read my grill manual, and poured through some old posts on this forum, and still am NOT clear on what I need to connect my Coleman Roadtrip (9903 series) grill to my 2021 Transcend Xplor.

We have an outside quick connect on the side of the camper to connect a grill. I assume it is regulated. Can I simply buy a hose to connect to my grill or do I actually need to remove the regulator on the grill? I'd appreciate some guidance as well as suggestions on which product(s) to buy.

I'm also open to purchasing a free standing grill that will not require any regulator mods. So I welcome suggestions here as well.

Thank you so much.
    You do not need a regulator on the grill. The gas coming out of the QD is already regulated by the regulator on your tanks at the front of the trailer. So if the grill has a regulator you need to remove it. I would recommend the same as others and contact propanegear.com to ensure you get the correct kit.

I have a Blackstone Tailgater and chose to go with a separate propane tank so I can put hte grill wherever I want it and am not restricted to the location of the trailer QD.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiking Girl View Post

Thank you so much.
    You need an extension hose with an RV male quick disconnect and which ever the other connection on your grill, most likely a 3/8" flare. I would opt for something 12 to 15' to get away from your trailer and allow flexibility.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/3-8-in-F...-024/314327929
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for your timely and helpful responses.
    I've got some direction and can't wait for our first trip!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize this is an older thread but I'm having issues getting/finding a 1/4 in quick connect to Blackstone grill that will fit on my Imagine XLS 22MLE. I bought one off Amazon and the Blackstone side screws in but the 1/4 in quick connect will not connect to the female end on the trailer. It gets close but will not connect. It appears that the center piece of the quick connect is too long.

Is this a special type of Connection? Is a 1/4 in RV disconnect different than another 1/4 disconnect?

Here's what I bought on Amazon:

https://a.co/d/8M2cqOQ

(It even says RV in the description. Yet doesn't fit.)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slatevt View Post
    I realize this is an older thread but I'm having issues getting/finding a 1/4 in quick connect to Blackstone grill that will fit on my Imagine XLS 22MLE. I bought one off Amazon and the Blackstone side screws in but the 1/4 in quick connect will not connect to the female end on the trailer. It gets close but will not connect. It appears that the center piece of the quick connect is too long.

Is this a special type of Connection? Is a 1/4 in RV disconnect different than another 1/4 disconnect?

Here's what I bought on Amazon:

https://a.co/d/8M2cqOQ

(It even says RV in the description. Yet doesn't fit.)
    Hey @slatevt, looks like you're pretty new here, welcome to the forum. It can be frustrating getting the quick connect to connect. Are you sure you have the lock lever in the horizontal direction? On my Reflection, we use this hose (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q2Q5LPN) for our fire ring. It connects well but I'm not sure if it would work for your grill.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast