Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Out gets Stuck

When I retract the slide all the way it seems to bind and get stuck. When I want to put the slide back out I push the button and it just makes a clicking sound and it wont go back out. There is a 3/4" nut at the opposite side of the slide for manual operation. If I turn that 3/4" nut a half turn it seems to loosen up the slide and then the motor will push it out. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobgias View Post
    When I retract the slide all the way it seems to bind and get stuck. When I want to put the slide back out I push the button and it just makes a clicking sound and it wont go back out. There is a 3/4" nut at the opposite side of the slide for manual operation. If I turn that 3/4" nut a half turn it seems to loosen up the slide and then the motor will push it out. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this.
    If you provide the make, model and year and which slide (or slides) maybe someone familiar with the model/line can help you with specifics. There are at least three different type of slide mechanisms used in Grand Design trailers.

If you create a signature with your truck and trailer information it will help avoid having to repeat that information in the future. Search (upper right corner of every page) for "signature" for instructions.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to his sig, he has a 310RLS

Many of these rigs have a combination of setups including hydraulic, rack and pinion and schwintec. We need to know the specifics of the slide to help you better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slide having the problem is the main slide with theater seating and fridge. I believe the slide out is a rack and pinion the motor is an LCI PN 168956. It looks like when the slide goes out it starts with the bottom and then the top follows. It is the exact opposite when it comes in. It looks like the bottom may be coming in to far on the front side and gets stuck. I am not sure if there is an adjustment that makes the top and bottom go in and out evenly or if something else is out of whack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GD Slide Out Motor.jpg  
    Last edited by Bobgias; 04-26-2021 at 04:54 PM.
    2021 310RLS
    2019 Ram 2500
    B&W 18K Slide