User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Configure my truck

talking to the dealers is a waste of time, I’ve talked to three different dealerships, the salesman does not have personal experience regarding trucks, let alone towing of a RV. They sit there and read the brochure to me, when I ask a question, because they can’t answer most questions. I’m looking at purchasing a 2021 F250, 6.7 diesel, double cab, 6’-3/4 bed, high capacity towing package, 3.55 axle ratio.

Is that enough truck for pulling a 150 Reflection 295 - GVWR 10995 lbs, UVW 8794 lbs, “claimed” Hitch weight 1391, 32’9” length

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd strongly consider swapping to a 1 ton unless registration is cost prohibitive, they ride the same. I'd also recommend the long bed option.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At 23% (average calculation), the loaded pin weight on the Reflection 295 will be around 2,500 at the trailer's GVWR. I would echo the advice from @FT4NOW and go straight for a 1-ton. Diesel 3/4-tons are "crippled" in terms of payload due to the extra weight of the diesel drivetrain.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 04-13-2021 at 02:53 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the above comments. Don't make the same mistake that I did when I bought my 2011 F250 diesel, 4x4, CrewCab, XLT with the 6'6" bed......payload was a whopping 2148 lbs. They are like a bit more now with the 2020 and 2021 models, but just think about all the other stuff you will be loading in the truck....the 5ver hitch, passengers, maybe a truckbed toolbox with tools, etc, etc. Go for the One Ton and be done with it. You'll thank us later.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very familiar with Ram and Ford build sheets and expected payload. You didn't mention what trim package you were considering which can affect payload by several hundred pounds. I also made the 3/4 ton diesel mistake a while back. You can't have payload and diesel in a 3/4 ton truck. You could get the gasser and be fine payload wise. But with your expected rig and depending on your trim, you'd likely be at max or over. My 3/4 ton RAM CTD fully loaded maxed out with a 7500 # bumper pull TT, legally speaking.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to echo what others said about getting an F-350 instead of an F-250. My first truck in 2000 was an F-250 and as soon as I decided I wanted a bigger (only 33') fifth wheel I had to go to an F-350. I've had 2 F-350's since then and wouldn't really consider another F-250.

It sounds like you are buying new so my advice would be to configure the truck you want and order it. It is just about the only way to get exactly what you want.

Do be aware of insurance and registration. A heavy F-350 is usually more than an F-250. At least in my case. I guess it based on max GWWR. And you insurance agent probably won't get it right - not until he/she writes the policy and then underwriters get ahold of it.

Short bed is my choice. You can take it a lot more places (including most drive throughs) and fits in a garage. Long beds are great if you have the space and you won't need a sider hitch; I think then you start to consider a goosebox.

Lot's of folks like the AUH and gooseboxes, I don't have experience with either. I always went traditional and an auto slider.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods