Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 310GK Owner, Res Fridge Question

When we purchased our 310GK we did not have the factory solar package installed. I guess I assumed, based on our previous RV, even though we did not have that package installed the 5er would come equipped with an inverter. But, it didn't. We are in the process of discussing options.

My question is this......what do all of you do, that don't have an inverter installed, with your residential fridge when traveling. Since there is no way to have ac to the fridge do you cool it before leaving and leave the doors shut until you arrive at your destination? Do you not cool it and wait until you get to your destination?

Did you have an inverter installed so you could power it while driving?

Just wanting to get feedback on the travel days.

Thanks in advance.

John and Thelma Hickert (Missouri)
    2021 GD Solitude 310GK
    2020 F350 Gas 7.3L SRW Crew Cab
    Anderson Hitch
    2X Predator 2000W Generators/Parallel kit
    Previous Setup:
    2009 Newmar Baystar 3201
    2009 Ford Ranger Toad

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhick120 View Post
    When we purchased our 310GK we did not have the factory solar package installed. I guess I assumed, based on our previous RV, even though we did not have that package installed the 5er would come equipped with an inverter. But, it didn't. We are in the process of discussing options.

My question is this......what do all of you do, that don't have an inverter installed, with your residential fridge when traveling. Since there is no way to have ac to the fridge do you cool it before leaving and leave the doors shut until you arrive at your destination? Do you not cool it and wait until you get to your destination?

Did you have an inverter installed so you could power it while driving?

Just wanting to get feedback on the travel days.

Thanks in advance.

John and Thelma Hickert (Missouri)
    2021 GD Solitude 310GK
    2020 F350 Gas 7.3L SRW Crew Cab
    Anderson Hitch
    2X Predator 2000W Generators/Parallel kit
    Previous Setup:
    2009 Newmar Baystar 3201
    2009 Ford Ranger Toad
    Well, if you did indeed order the Samsung residential fridge, you do have an inverter installed to run it.

If you have the 310GK, then you do not have a residential fridge, you have the 18 cu ft Dometic rv fridge.

The residential package would be 310GK-R.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, sorry for the confusion. We have the 310GK-R.

So, is the inverter installed only for the fridge? Is there something I have to turn on? When we had it home this weekend cleaning and packing I noticed when I was not connected to shore power or hooked up to the truck the fridge was off. Meaning, when I opened the doors the lights were not even on.

I know if it's turned on and not hooked up it would drain the batteries so I am hoping it's as easy as a switch. When I connected to shore power the fridge worked so I know the breaker was "on" as I have read in some posts to turn it off you have to turn-off the breaker.

Thanks again.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhick120 View Post
    Yes, sorry for the confusion. We have the 310GK-R.

So, is the inverter installed only for the fridge? Is there something I have to turn on? When we had it home this weekend cleaning and packing I noticed when I was not connected to shore power or hooked up to the truck the fridge was off. Meaning, when I opened the doors the lights were not even on.

I know if it's turned on and not hooked up it would drain the batteries so I am hoping it's as easy as a switch. When I connected to shore power the fridge worked so I know the breaker was "on" as I have read in some posts to turn it off you have to turn-off the breaker.

Thanks again.
    Yes, the inverter has to be turned on. Somewhere there is a button, Mine is under a wall cabinet in the kitchen. push it and a green light will come on and the inverter will power the fridge. And yes the inverter is only wired to the fridge outlet from the factory.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2019 the switch to put it in auto mode is in the bottom right corner of the cabinet right as you walk in the door , behind the right frosted door. Has a green indicator light when on that you can see thru the glass.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks for all the quick responses. Such a great tool for information sharing.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I just talked to the dealer. Ours is a 2021 and he told me the inverter should be in the pass-thru on the ceiling and the switch will be on the inverter.

Our unit is in storage and will have to check next time we get it out. Doesn't sound like a switch inside the unit like previous posts so I will have to verify.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what you're looking for. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inverter (2).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	33399 The inverter itself is mounted in the pass through and the main on/off switch is on that. The inside switch is a remote on / off switch for the inverter. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Txfivver; 04-13-2021 at 04:55 PM.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2021 310GK-R inverter is located in the front basement on the ceiling.

When disconnected from shore power and battery switch in basement is "On" it powers the fridge, several outlets and LED lights.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    My 2021 310GK-R inverter is located in the front basement on the ceiling.

When disconnected from shore power and battery switch in basement is "On" it powers the fridge, several outlets and LED lights.
    You have the optional solar power system from GD? Yes, it will do other outlets then. If you don't get the solar option, it just powers the fridge.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast