User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best wax to use?

We've got 2020 Solitude and want to wax it before the season starts. What would you all recommend that will keep the decal's and the trailer looking new?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the search function (upper right), you'll find dozens of posts on the topic of wax. Many of us use Wash Wax All.

By the way - now you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wsucougs View Post
    We've got 2020 Solitude and want to wax it before the season starts. What would you all recommend that will keep the decal's and the trailer looking new?
    I use Wash/Wax All by aero cosmetic. I like it because I hate waiting for a paste. I have not used anything but this on my Reflection.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trouble with wash & wax products is unless you are willing and able to wash every couple of weeks you will not get the longer term protection of a dedicated wax, sealant or coating. Yes it requires more work but the protection is so much better and lasts longer. What a wash and wax product will do is include a wax product in the wash that acts as sacrificial wax to help extend the wax or sealant applied. I use Aero Cosmetic tools and tried their Wash & Wax product which worked well as a wash product. The trouble for me with the Wash & Wax besides what I have already indicated is it comes premixed, ready to use, but while convenient it is more expensive than buying a concentrate and mixing it for use. For wax I have used Meguiars Flagship Marine Wax and apply with a random orbital machine.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    The trouble with wash & wax products is unless you are willing and able to wash every couple of weeks you will not get the longer term protection of a dedicated wax, sealant or coating. Yes it requires more work but the protection is so much better and lasts longer. What a wash and wax product will do is include a wax product in the wash that acts as sacrificial wax to help extend the wax or sealant applied. I use Aero Cosmetic tools and tried their Wash & Wax product which worked well as a wash product. The trouble for me with the Wash & Wax besides what I have already indicated is it comes premixed, ready to use, but while convenient it is more expensive than buying a concentrate and mixing it for use. For wax I have used Meguiars Flagship Marine Wax and apply with a random orbital machine.
    This is all true about Wash/Wax All, but I find you do not need to do the entire RV every two weeks. I simply go around and spot clean and just continue to make loops putting in no more than 20 or 30 minutes at any given time. You can treat a large area of your RV. Also, I think the UV protection last longer than just a couple of weeks. I guess it is preference, I would prefer just to do shorter cleaning sessions than the all day process of using a paste wax and buffer.

I have heard good things about the turtle wax ceremic coat stuff https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-53.../dp/B07XYPS3PS Any experience with it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the Turtle Wax Ceramic (Green Bottle from WalMart) and love it. A youtube channel Project Farm tested several spray on waxes, impressive results. Here is the link...Project Farm, Best Ceramic Spray Coating? Let's find out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYxKQwZah1s