User Tag List

Thread: Katy, Tx

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Katy, Tx

A GD is in my future. Looking at the Imagine 22RBE or the 2600RBE. Currently have a 19RBH Fireside. Have used Honda Ridgeline to tow it to Big Bend and Palo Duro Canyon despite running at max GCWR the Honda always ran fine and safe. Although lack of a low first made the climb out of the canyon touchy. Then went to half ton trucks because I need more of a truck for other things. Currently use a 2018 F150 Ext. cab with 3.5 EcoBoost.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a 2014 F-150 to tow a 28 ft. Coachmen Apex that weighed about 6000 lbs loaded. I never had a problem because the Eco-Boost will pull like a train. I don't know what the models your talking about weigh. Good luck with what you decide. I wish Ford would have developed an Eco-Boost for the Super Duty trucks.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    I wish Ford would have developed an Eco-Boost for the Super Duty trucks.
    They did, it's called a big a** Diesel !!!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A diesel is not the same. I will not own a diesel. I guess they could be considered alike if you take into account all the problems with both engines. Luckily my Eco-Boost failed while it was still under factory warranty.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavy towing these days big block gasser or whatever diesel they offer. Gone are the 300k days of rolling coal maintenance free oil burners. The ecoboost use lessons learned from the power stroke. Infact the 2.7 eco uses same block casting type as the PS. Pick your poison. Towing was never a leisure sport.