User Tag List

Thread: Goosebox Good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goosebox Good!

Just installed my Goosebox last weekend. 6.5"-7.0" clearance. Trailer isn't completely level...just a tad nose high but not bad. Tows really nice & much better turning radius that I anticipated. Where we park, we have to do a tight button hook to get backed in. Absolutely no issues. Matter of fact, I have even better/tighter turning radius than i had with the Anderson. Even in a tight turn, the Goosebox came nowhere near the tonneau side rails...Plenty of room. We'll be taking our first trip out with it in about a month so really looking forward to see what it's like over the road. So far, I'm very satisfied & glad I made the change.
    Stephen & Kerri
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 4X4 Lariat
    Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen/Kerri View Post
    Just installed my Goosebox last weekend. 6.5"-7.0" clearance. Trailer isn't completely level...just a tad nose high but not bad. Tows really nice & much better turning radius that I anticipated. Where we park, we have to do a tight button hook to get backed in. Absolutely no issues. Matter of fact, I have even better/tighter turning radius than i had with the Anderson. Even in a tight turn, the Goosebox came nowhere near the tonneau side rails...Plenty of room. We'll be taking our first trip out with it in about a month so really looking forward to see what it's like over the road. So far, I'm very satisfied & glad I made the change.
    Let me know after you use it, does it feel bouncy? I don't know if it's the suspension on my truck or the Goosebox but mine bounces on occasion. I have the same truck as you and a 29RS which is lighter than your 337.
    I think it's the trucks suspension but don't want to add air bags if I don't have too. BTW
    I keep the air in the Goosebox on the higher side on the indicator.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took it out for a brief drive...primarily went to a large parking lot to check the level. I was hoping to take it out on the interstate but I realized I forgot my wallet so headed back home. I'd say I drove it about 10 miles or so, all on 2-lane roads. Very smooth with no bouncing or other issues. I do have air bags but they were at the minimum 5lbs setting. My 337 is a tad nose high...not exact level but I think(and others have weighed in) that it's fine for towing. I'm very pleased with the turning radius. It's surprisingly better than the Anderson. If you'd like some pics I can text them to you. Happy travels!
    Stephen & Kerri
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 4X4 Lariat
    Reese Goosebox