Thread: New to RVing

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to RVing

Hello our names are Steve and Trudy

We bought a 5th wheel in Sept 2020 and used it quite a few times and found that we were sad leaving our Harley home. So I go pick up our 2019 GD Solitude 374TH toy Hauler Wednesday.
    We have a trip to St Augustine this weekend planed hope it all works out.

I am a corporate pilot and Trudy is an RN. We still work so trips are closer to home right now.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the family! Now you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and the toy hauler life. Think a little bit about weight and balance with the hog in the back. Many are a bit particular about it so a fun thing to do (ok fun us fanatics) is to take the rig to the local scale and weigh truck, RV, MC empty and loaded. Empty truck, then truck with empty RV. Calculate pin weight. Then throw the Harley in and weigh/calculate pin weight and overall weight.

This information will help you make good decisions.

The other thing to think about is leverage. The garage (on my 376) is a few feet behind the rear axle. This gives the garage a bit more bounce on our rough highway system. After pulling my bike free a couple of times I finally went in and reinforced the tie downs. I had to be careful through bolting the floor as my gas tank is under there. Most of the Harley guys like the Biker Bar tie down system.

Safe travels.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750