User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfs673 View Post
    I am pleased to note the repair facility has taken full responsibility for the damage and has ordered all new wheels for the trailer.
    The GM for the company (they have multiple locations) reached out today to discuss as well.

They are also investigating use of the snap-in valve stem; something they claim are used in semi-trucks that they work on. I've requested they only use an appropriate all metal valve stem, They've agreed to reach out to Grand Design to identify and source the OEM component used when sold new.

Their next challenge is to find one of their larger and more experienced locations to move the tires onto a new wheel. The GM mentioned he will personally work this issue and remain involved to ensure the process goes as it should.

I'll report back when completed; but so far I'm very pleased with their response!
    Accidents/screw ups happen; that's when you find out a companies customer service position!
    That's good to hear. As you say, everyone fails at some point, its how you respond that makes the difference.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    That's good to hear. As you say, everyone fails at some point, its how you respond that makes the difference.
    I could not agree more! Well said!
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pleased to note the repair facility has taken full responsibility for the damage and has ordered all new wheels for the trailer.
    The GM for the company (they have multiple locations) reached out today to discuss as well.

They are also investigating use of the snap-in valve stem; something they claim are used in semi-trucks that they work on. I've requested they only use an appropriate all metal valve stem, They've agreed to reach out to Grand Design to identify and source the OEM component used when sold new.

Their next challenge is to find one of their larger and more experienced locations to move the tires onto a new wheel. The GM mentioned he will personally work this issue and remain involved to ensure the process goes as it should.

I'll report back when completed; but so far I'm very pleased with their response!
    Accidents/screw ups happen; that's when you find out a companies customer service position!
    This is great news and awesome to see them stepping up! You may wish to facilitate however and have them connect with Lionshead, the manufacturer of the wheels as they're supplied to GD loaded.

I can only guess, however, the person working with you is not that in touch with tires and dirty hands. Many semi-sized tires have max cold inflation at 100 psi, and they should have zero need to seek out an appropriate all-metal tire stem as there are only two diameters in the industry and they are made by the exact same suppliers as snap-ins and are in the standard catalogs every store should have. Point being, and as you now seem programmed, stay on top of them and looking over their shoulder!

Milton VS409, Dill VS-944, Veteran TR416, Haltch DV-575 - all are VH-8s, all-metal, 130psi cold. This one may not be one to fit your particular trailer wheel because of diameter of the recessed area for the stem, but know these have been around since I slung tires in the 80s and the catalogs will have multiple stem configuration and lengths. There's truly nothing special about this.

Good luck getting squared!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to report, the General Manager came through, quickly ordered and received new wheels, the correct wheels which came with the proper metal valve stem. He personally oversaw the mounting of the new tires, which they had no issues at all!

All is good! Kudos to companies that make things right
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my Saluns installed at Walmart without any damage, It wasn't easy, bt they got it done.
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to report, the General Manager came through, quickly ordered and received new wheels, the correct wheels which came with the proper metal valve stem. He personally oversaw the mounting of the new tires, which they had no issues at all!

All is good! Kudos to companies that make things right
    What is the name of the tire company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 GMC 3500 HD Denali

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabervin View Post
    What is the name of the tire company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes! Be sure to name the company - too many times companies are named when the screw up but when they do right as in this case they remain anonymous. The should get props for coming through and fixing a mistake.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers View Post
    Yes! Be sure to name the company - too many times companies are named when the screw up but when they do right as in this case they remain anonymous. The should get props for coming through and fixing a mistake.
    Bob
    Thanks Bob, I generally shy from name dropping; but you're right!
    This was Warren Tire in Clifton Park, NY. I've used them in the past without issues on our vehicles, and it's good to know they will stand behind their work and make things right.
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news!
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123