Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Schwintek Issue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek Issue

While retracting the slideout on my on my GD Imagine 2250RK, it starts in for 6-8" and one side stops. A second later, all stops. It seems to cock. I can tap the extend button an then retract, to get it to move a few more inches. I have the same issue while extending. This issue just started.
    There is no fault code flashing on the controller. It does however have a solid red light for a few minutes.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should note, the motor(s) seem to be laboring.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you lubed them? That’s where I’d start. Then I would re-zero the limits by having it either open or closed all the way. Go the other way 8-10” then back. Do this 3-4 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the forward back thing. Didn't work. The slide only comes in 5 or 6 inches before cocking and stopping. Where do you lube?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem after I had to have a motor replaced. This is how I fixed it.

1. Move the slide all the way out. If one side stops as you are moving it out, release the button. Then continue to move it out. You may have to do this several times to get the slide out.

2. With slide fully extended, push button to retract.

3. Immediately upon hearing the motors whine, release button.

4. Press button to extend and hold for 5 seconds after all motor whine stops.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 for 5-6 times.

Now retract the slide fully. Same as extending, if one side stops, release button and then retract more until slide is fully in.

6. Press button to extend slide and stop as soon as motor whine is heard.

7. Retract slide and hold button 5 seconds once all motor whine stops.

8. Repeat steps 6 & 7 for 5-6 cycles.

Steps 6 & 7 are done with the slide in, fully retracted. You have to perform the steps with the slide out, fully extended and with the slide in. The syncing must be done at both extremes of travel.

Note: After the motors are synched, each time you extend or retract the slide, don't let go of the button for a couple of seconds after the whine stops and the slide is fully in or out
    Last edited by RobWNY; 04-12-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the procedure RobWNY suggested to no avail. The slide will come in 5 or 6 inches and one side stops while the other continues until cocked. It took forever to move the slide in our out. I will lube later and try again.
    Still no fault codes so I assume it is a sync issue. Question: the slide travels the 5-6 inches or more before one side stops. Does this still sound like a sync issue?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budbon View Post
    I did the procedure RobWNY suggested to no avail. The slide will come in 5 or 6 inches and one side stops while the other continues until cocked. It took forever to move the slide in our out. I will lube later and try again.
    Still no fault codes so I assume it is a sync issue. Question: the slide travels the 5-6 inches or more before one side stops. Does this still sound like a sync issue?
    After one of my motors died and was replaced, they were not in sync. I knew that because one side would start moving and then the other side a couple seconds later which caused the slide to be cocked when going in or out but once all the way in or out, the other side would catch up and the slide was in its correct position and a proper seal was made. The procedure I noted above resolved that problem so both motors start and stop at the same time. If both of your motors start at the same time and then one stops which then causes the slide to cock, then that sounds like some other issue to me. You mentioned the motor seems o be laboring. Have you checked the slide rails for blockage or something in the grooves where the gears ride that might be causing the motor to slow down? Have you tested the voltage to make sure the motor isn't defective? On my RV, the motor just quit working so the slide cocked and bound up immediately.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slide rail are clean. I'll do a voltage check. Thanks.