User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Winterizing Checklist

I'm interested in knowing if anyone has a De-Winterizing checklist? We had a dealer winterize our Reflection 303rls in December and are ready to pull it out of our storage this week to spend the next month on the road. Our storage is enclosed and without water but the rig has been hooked up to electricity all winter - since I've changed out the interior 12volt bulbs with LED and did a few other modifications. But, I'm not sure how to De-winterize myself. I'm planning to do so at our first camping location late this week, or I could pull it out and spend a night at a local camping area that within a couple of miles of the storage location. Tips or suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks.
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's pretty straight forward. Hook up to a water source or fill up your fresh water tank. I open each hot and cold faucet (not at the same time) until they no longer are pumping out the pink stuff. Once you have clear water running out of each faucet, shut it off and move to the next one. Don't forget the washer hook ups, and the shower in the outside compartment. Even if there is a slight bit of residue for the first day or so, it's non-toxic.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When clearing the lines, remember to do the low point drains, or a small amount of antifreeze will remain in these.
    After you have all the lines cleared on the "city water" valve setting, close the water heater bypass for a bit, before you put the drain plug back in, to flush the water heater. Similarly, set the valve to water tank fill for a bit, before you close the tank drain, to flush the fresh water tank. BTW, the Kantleak valve (at least mine) doesn't like to move with water pressure applied, so I turn off the fill and release pressure by opening a tap, before changing valve position.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what its worth....I picked mine up at the dealer already winterized, and for some reason they felt the need to disconnect the power connection to the circuit board on the water heater. It took me a few minutes of troubleshooting to determine why the electric portion of my water heater was not working.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks, I took your advice and seems like all is good. BTW I talked to Catherines Landing in Hot Springs, Ar where I live and they said bring it out and dewinterize and check out everything here for free!

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's also a good time to sanitize the water holding tank and lines. That always been a part of our yearly spring dewinterization.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/