User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Structurally my other toy hauler had a farther placement in the rear of the axles and sit lower to the ground catching less wind. Both make the trailer more stable.

Yes you are correct my payload on the 2500 isn’t much over 2000lbs.
    I’m hoping the larger sway bars will help a lot with it. If it doesn’t I’m getting rid of the trailer.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    Call it what you want but with all of the suspension upgrades I've done, and replacement of the crappy tires, my trailer tows rock steady now. No more getting blown around by 18 wheelers, and the frequent and expected wind gusts on I-10 in Southern Arizona. It is a fact that the suspensions on Lippert frames are substandard. Nylon bushings on the springs, hangers that flex and break, etc. If they weren't made so cheaply, then why does Lippert themselves sell "heavy duty" upgraded parts?
    I have no idea what Lippert sells and why
    I do know that my stock Sierra and stock 2400 Bh tows rock steady It is properly loaded

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Family and I just returned from our first long trip with the 25G. Nine hundred mile round trip from Phoenix to Utah. WighSafe performed awesome. Very pleased with the purchase. Would highly recommend for anyone trying to choose which WDH to purchase for their toy hauler.
    2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
    2021 Momentum 25G
    2017 RZR4 900 EPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhullihen View Post
    I have the 28G toy hauler. 8650lb dry weight and 12,000 GVWR. Once I loaded my wolverine x4 into it with full tank of gas and the fuel station full tank of gas and some clothes and basic supply i took it to weight scale. I was at 10,000lbs on the trailer axle and near 1800lbs of tongue weight. I have the blue ox 1500lb WDH and the vehicle sways all over the place. I am ordering the 2000lb bars for it now. with it empty or my dirt bike in the TH no issues. The truck is 2014 Ram 2500 Diesel. I have to be honest, Im not a fan of GD momentum toy hauler. i have had other toy haulers and it pulls the worst of them. they seem to be designed as RV's made into a toy hauler instead of the other way around. Its fine for small stuff.
    Did you get the 2000# bars yet? I have a 21G i'm picking up thurs and currently have the 1000# bars for my current toy hauler and was just going to use them, but am thinking I may need the 1500 from what people are saying with how tongue heavy these trailers are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I did get the 2000# bars for it. It definitely made a difference on the short 20 mile test run I did. I’m going camping Wednesday so that will be the real test oh how it handles the open highway. Try to get at least 15% TW. 1000# is probably way to light.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r85sub View Post
    Did you get the 2000# bars yet? I have a 21G i'm picking up thurs and currently have the 1000# bars for my current toy hauler and was just going to use them, but am thinking I may need the 1500 from what people are saying with how tongue heavy these trailers are.
    Judging from what I've seen here and on FB after following these toy haulers for a year, they want what most would call overkill for hitches/weight bars. I'd go straight to the 2k bars and call it good. I've never seen anyone say they wished they had lighter bars.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123