User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westinghouse Generator

Does anyone have any experience with a model igen4500 Westinghouse brand generator. It has 3700 watts running power and seems to hit that sweet spot for adequate power. Also this looks to be the same unit as the Onan Cummins p4500i just in a different package. Is it accurate that a 15k AC unit needs 3600 watts to run? Would this generator be ok to use with the 15k AC unit and/or are there other "draws" on current that would make this choice to small of a power source. Thanks for the input.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought one, has a lot of great reviews. Not sure if the Cummins version is available as dual fuel or not. Some people swear by Hondas and will say all others are worthless. I think it depends what you want to use it for. We just wanted it mainly to recharge the battery while dry camping and as a power source for our freezers at home in the event of a loss of power. I didn't want to buy 2 smaller Hondas so I opted for the Westinghouse. So far, I'm pretty happy with it, you'll have 10% energy loss using propane vs gas. I like how I can plug the camper directly into the generator, I purchased a 50A cord that has a 30A male plug so there is no need for dog bones. I havent used it for the camper AC, but I think it would do just fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mexmahon View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with a model igen4500 Westinghouse brand generator. It has 3700 watts running power and seems to hit that sweet spot for adequate power. Also this looks to be the same unit as the Onan Cummins p4500i just in a different package. Is it accurate that a 15k AC unit needs 3600 watts to run? Would this generator be ok to use with the 15k AC unit and/or are there other "draws" on current that would make this choice to small of a power source. Thanks for the input.
    A 15k A/C unit could need 3500W to start up...

But only need about 1500W when running...

(Throw a soft-start board on it, and it'll need less than 2000 to start)

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
    2021 Transcend 261bh
    2021 Ford F-150 3.5eb

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see that the Westinghouse was a dual fuel unit, or the Onan model for that matter. Is the one you picked up a dual fuel?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mexmahon View Post
    I didn't see that the Westinghouse was a dual fuel unit, or the Onan model for that matter. Is the one you picked up a dual fuel?
    I assume you're talking to me. Forum hint, use reply with quote button as I did.

The Westinghouse 4500 comes in gas or gas/propane. We opted for dual fuel option. I think it's about $100 price difference.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I assume you're talking to me. Forum hint, use reply with quote button as I did.

The Westinghouse 4500 comes in gas or gas/propane. We opted for dual fuel option. I think it's about $100 price difference.

Thanks for the forum tip.......still navigating my way around the board. Great resource, and thanks again for the info.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IGEN4500 is gas only. IGEN4500DF is the dual fuel unit. The DF is back ordered everywhere now expected to be available around July.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the Westinghouse duel fuel from Lowe's this month, or last. Took my time breaking it in for a few days. Running it on propane only. Very little exhaust fumes unlike the Predator 3500 I initially bought. We had a warm day this week and I hooked it up to the trailer and ran the AC. It indicated 50% load at the readout on the gen. Ran like a champ. Unfortunately they are sold out from what I've read until June or July. I'd recommend get on a in stock email notification at a few places. That's how I found out they were available. They sold out quick. I ordered mine online from Lowe's and did a curbside pickup when it came in. Very please with it so far.

Now just need to sell the Predator......
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our 4500DF, and run it only on propane. We got it from Home Depot with free shipping about two months ago. The only negative that we found is that it's fairly heavy (just under 100 lbs) but I justified the weight issue in that I didn't want to deal with two smaller units and a parallel kit. I did find a nice wide pet ramp that supports 200 lbs that assists me in loading it into my truck.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    We love our 4500DF, and run it only on propane. We got it from Home Depot with free shipping about two months ago. The only negative that we found is that it's fairly heavy (just under 100 lbs) but I justified the weight issue in that I didn't want to deal with two smaller units and a parallel kit. I did find a nice wide pet ramp that supports 200 lbs that assists me in loading it into my truck.
    Do you possibly have a link to where you bought the pet ramp? I have the same genny and need a solution on getting it in my truck. Regards
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast