I picked up my 25G trailer from the dealer this weekend.
I was very happy with the whole process, but on the 5 hour drive home, I kept questioning myself about whether or not the WD Hitch setup is adequate.

I was supposed to get a Class V 2 1/2" shank, but they didn't have one that worked for my truck, so they used a 2" shank and spacer.
The GTW was fine for that 14,000 lbs. TW 1400 lbs. That's one of the things that worried me. The build sheet says TW 1290.
Add to that 125 lbs. for the battery and propane, and I'm at 1415 lbs. At that point, I'm over the limit, and the trailer isn't even loaded yet.
Adding 200 lbs. for clothes and tools in the front storage, and I'm at 1615 TW, well over the shank rating.
And, that's if I don't put payload in the pickup.

I don't know how much 90 gallons of water and full fridge affects TW because they are in the middle of the trailer.
I do know that when my M/C (650 lbs.) is loaded in the back the TW will go down.
How much, I'll see, but enough to get to a level safely below 1400 TW?
Secondly, I won't have it the M/C half the time, and I don't want to drive around with 650 lbs. of sand bags to balance things out.
Am I over thinking this or should I have them get me the class V shank they were originally supposed to?

The next thing that drove me batty on the 5 hour trip home in the rain was the weight distributing bars.
They are rated at 1200 lbs. They said that's the bars they use on that model. How they determined that I don't know.
Everything I read said it should be rated for the max TW weight you will have.
Even if I don't load it to max, the TW has to be around 15-1600 lbs.
When I spoke with the Tech from the manufacturer yesterday, he said I should be using 1600 lb. bars.
Again, am I over thinking this? Should I have them get me the heavier bars?

I know just enough to get myself in trouble here and without a true weight, I have to use the numbers on the spec sheet.
Because it's 5 hours back to the dealer, I ordered a TW scale, will load it up and go to the Truck stop to weight it before calling them back.
We discussed this before I left there, and I surrendered to their expertise, but 5 hours in the rain gave me too much time to think.
The ride home, it didn't bounce up and down too much, but this was my first heavy tow, and I really don't know what to expect.

My wife drives also, and since I can't look her in the eye and tell her I think it's safe, I won't use the trailer until I figure this out.