Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water leaking from underneath

Anyone have a issue with water leaking and coming out of the underbelly?
    I have a 2017 303 Reflection and on the last trip water was leaking underneath when I would make a turn.
    The fresh water was low and not sure how full the grey and black tank where. This was after dry camping for a week. No city water hook up.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the underbelly sagging where it's collecting? Is would be good to know if it's fresh, gray or black water.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cut a hole and take a look. Your nose will tell you exactly if it is grey, poop or fresh. Either way it is a problem because if you have water collecting on the chloroplast you have a leak somewhere that needs to be fixed before you have a mold / electrical issue or worse.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know where it is collecting. Only reason I found out was my brother was behind me and when I turned off the highway he saw water splashing out onto the roadway. When I stopped you could only see it dripping slightly.
    Repair shop dropped the pan and couldn't see anything. Next step is to drop the tanks.
    This happened twice on the last trip. Filled it up and camped for another week and then started to get a order inside and then found out I was out of water. Couldn't use the toilet so hooked up and went in to dump and fill and found water dripping out again when I got there.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It also could be the overflow for the fresh water tank. Sometimes they develop a siphon and especially in turns they will outflow. I've helped a buddy with this exact issue on his Winnebago. Some exploration is needed.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew it would not be the fresh water tank as I had been dry camping for a week and needed water.
    Just got the trailer back from the repair shop and he found that the fitting on top of the black was the culprit. The line going into the tank was a little too long so when it went into the grommet on top of the tank it was pulling up on one side. So when traveling the fluid was sloshing out the top.
    Not sure about the quality control at the factory as I have other issues with the trailer but Grand Design did step up and take care of everything so far.
    Love the floor plan of the 303RL hope no more issues show up. Happy Camper for now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same problem on our recent trip. We had not used the shower (as we remember), it was not raining and there was no water on the roads. We had put a small amount of water in the Fresh Tank (for bathroom stops while traveling). We spent one night in trailer and our trip was around 10 hour drive. We stopped in a pullout and the RV was on a slant toward driver's side. Water was draining out of the underbelly liner around some foam. It could have come from anywhere under there. Took RV in to Bretz RV because it is a brand new Imagine 2600RB. They dropped the bottom cover, "flooded the tanks" and found no leak. They put the cover back on and told us nothing was leaking. Cost? $189 which is their hourly rate. They refused to let us see the underside of the RV while cover was off. Is that typical?? Did you figure out where your's is leaking? I suspect our's may be leaking from the pipe that runs from the bathroom sink to the grey tank in back... because the pipes were so crooked under sink when we got the unit that they leaked. It took Bretz THREE times to find the leak and fix it. However, the repair guy that came to my home (on his own time) used a sawzall to cut the pipes off. I think he probably loosened the drain connection to that grey tank. Just a hunch. I was told by the Service Manager that water just collects under there on top of that cover (from driving it) and he's seen that MANY times. How does the water get in there then? I don't know.

Imagine 2600RB

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4theDogs View Post
    I was told by the Service Manager that water just collects under there on top of that cover (from driving it) and he's seen that MANY times. How does the water get in there then? I don't know.

Imagine 2600RB
    A number of us have shared over the years that water can get into the belly on top of the coroplast from driving on wet roads. The RV tires literally saturate the "wheel wells" of the RV with water being spun off the tires. And, add in the spray coming off the tow vehicle tires being sprayed back at the RV, even the smallest openings between the entire perimeter of the frame and coroplast will allow water to seep or even flow in quite fast.

You may want to inspect the entire coroplast area where it attaches to your frame along with other "holes" cut into the coroplast and hopefully sealed with spray foam where sewer pipe(s), pex lines, spare tire mount if underneath RV, etc. to check for even the smallest gaps. I think you will be surprised how many areas that there may be and then understand how water can get into and just stay in the low areas of the coroplast for days/weeks/etc. if not able to drip out through some opening(s.)

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide