User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straight Talk About Fulltime RV Living

Tami and i have put together a you tube video where we discuss fulltime RV living, the Pro's, Con's, Costs and some things to think about. We even share our 2023 fulltime living costs.
    https://youtu.be/UrhhccFgTZ0

I have also viewed other YouTubes by fulltimers sharing their 2023 costs and how they track them. Everybody's different and I have seen costs as high as $6000 per month from some people. But as I say in our video, you can live as cheaply or as expensively as you wish, it's up to the individual.

i wish that we could touch on every little detail of the decision process to go fulltime. It's just not possible to touch on every detail or a video would be hours long and what fits one couple may not work for others. But our video hopefully touches on enough to get people to think and plan before they go fulltime.

Disclaimer - Our You Tube channel is "Non Profit", so we don't make any money from it and we are Not blowing our horn for more subscribers. We just want to share our Fulltime RV Adventures.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-15-2024 at 05:37 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though Peggy and I have zero interest in going full time, thank you for putting this video together and sharing with everyone. Thumbs up Steve and Tami!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for putting this video together. My wife and I started full-timing May 2023, we are always picking the brain of full-timers we meet on the road. There is so much to learn. Thanks again.
    Jason & Celia-Texas
    2019 GD Reflection 337 RLS
    2020 GMC Denali, Dually
    Pungo Kayaks,Lectric E-bikes

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason-Texas View Post
    Thanks for putting this video together. My wife and I started full-timing May 2023, we are always picking the brain of full-timers we meet on the road. There is so much to learn. Thanks again.
    Jason,Celia - How do you like fulltiming so far? Is it everything you thought it would be ?

Fulltiming - is kind of like a state of mind in exploration. Tami and I have been on the move since we got married in 1978. With the Military and then as civilians in corporate life, never living in one place for more than 10 years, so it was a little easier for us to transition to full time RV life. For a couple that have always been grounded in one spot, it's a little more daunting to throw away that security and hit the road living in new places.

Best of luck to you in your journey full timing.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have loved it so far.

We lived in the same town for the last 30 years. We sold everything last year and hit the road. We left in May 2023 and traveled to Canada & Alaska returning in October. We plan to winter in Texas and travel from May to October every year. This year we are going to Arkansas,Tennessee,Kentucky and Michigan.
    Jason & Celia-Texas
    2020 GMC Denali, Dually

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have loved it so far.

We lived in the same town for the last 30 years. We sold everything last year and hit the road. We left in May 2023 and traveled to Canada & Alaska returning in October. We plan to winter in Texas and travel from May to October every year. This year we are going to Arkansas,Tennessee,Kentucky and Michigan.
    Good For You ! Alaska Wow !- We would love to visit, but I don't think we will ever get there towing the rig. We were going to visit Canada this year but our plans got put on hold.

We winter in Galveston. There are lots of places in southern Texas Gulf Coast for the winter. Right now we are at the Galveston Island Holiday KOA. Our back-in full hook standard site is $ 750 / month including 50 amp electric. Cable TV, laundry, hot tub, heated swimming pool, propane, lazy river, camp store, pickle ball etc.

At Galveston Jamaica Beach RV Resort just down the street from us it's $820 / month including 50 amp electric for a deluxe site. Same kind of amenities.
    Corpus Christy is also a popular winter destination but I don't know the rates down there. The Texas Gulf Coast is much cheaper than Florida. There are also great winter destinations around San Antonio, Kerrville, Fredricksburg, and areas of the Texas Hill Country.

A really great quiet RV campground we found in LaGrange Texas, small town quaint Texas, Colorado Landing RV Resort (we did a video on it) on highway 71(1 hour southeast of Austin and 30 minutes to Interstate 10) full hookups full amenities including laundry $450 / month + 50 amp electric. That's cheap for a great campground!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-16-2024 at 09:55 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are staying at Basin RV in Bastrop, Tx, 30 miles east of Austin. Centrally located between our three kids & grandkids. $625 month plus electric.

We just spent 2 weeks on South Padre Island, Cameron County park, it was nice, weather wasn’t the best but beats the snow. We also stayed at Park Place Estates RV park, Harlingen, Texas. The activities list was amazing, full of winter Texans. We are always looking for travel ideas. If you have any must do’s in Arkansas,Tennessee,Kentucky, or Michigan I would love to hear them. Hopefully, not highjacking your thread.
    Jason & Celia-Texas
    2020 GMC Denali, Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jo Ann and I started full-timing in 2014. We sold everything but some family heirlooms, which we stored with our kids. We told them that if we died before we wanted them back they had their inheritance. About five years ago we got our lot at The Ranch, the Escapees co-op in Lakewood, NM. That has become our home base of sorts, especially in the winter.

I suspect that we are also typical of other full-timers in that we're constantly trying to get stuff out of the truck and trailer. My goal for the next six weeks is to get everything out of the outside storage spaces and get rid of at least half of the stuff in the bed of the truck. Then, in the fall we can start getting rid of more of the stuff inside the trailer.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are staying at Basin RV in Bastrop, Tx, 30 miles east of Austin. Centrally located between our three kids & grandkids. $625 month plus electric.

We just spent 2 weeks on South Padre Island, Cameron County park, it was nice, weather wasn’t the best but beats the snow. We also stayed at Park Place Estates RV park, Harlingen, Texas. The activities list was amazing, full of winter Texans. We are always looking for travel ideas. If you have any must do’s in Arkansas,Tennessee,Kentucky, or Michigan I would love to hear them. Hopefully, not highjacking your thread.
    Oh my Goodness, we lived near Bastrop for 15 years when we had our home. I think the Basin RV Park used to be the KOA right on the river. We went fulltime from Bastrop almost 5 years ago now. We have stayed at Bastrop State Park and Bellamont RV Park in Bastrop. Great Area! They were building lots of new RV parks when we sold our home and left there. A lot of fulltimers around that area when they were building the new Tesla plant.

Can't really help you out with Arkansas, Kentucky or Michigan. Michigan and the UP and Canada was to be part of our trip this year.
    Tennessee we loved! East Tennessee = Knoxville area, Smokey Mountains, Bulls Gap, Bristol, Mountain Lake Marina & Campground in Rocky Top, Townsend, Museum of Appalachia in Clinton TN, There is a good Escapee's affiliated RV park Racoon Valley RV Park at Heiskell TN.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    Jo Ann and I started full-timing in 2014. We sold everything but some family heirlooms, which we stored with our kids. We told them that if we died before we wanted them back they had their inheritance. About five years ago we got our lot at The Ranch, the Escapees co-op in Lakewood, NM. That has become our home base of sorts, especially in the winter.

I suspect that we are also typical of other full-timers in that we're constantly trying to get stuff out of the truck and trailer. My goal for the next six weeks is to get everything out of the outside storage spaces and get rid of at least half of the stuff in the bed of the truck. Then, in the fall we can start getting rid of more of the stuff inside the trailer.
    LOLs yup every once in awhile we go through the RV and do a purge of stuff we haven't used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast