User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    Hi all. So Grand design sent out the valve. To be clear, this is the valve that diverts Fresh Water Fill or City Water.

How do I get this panel down? See pictures. I removed the angle bracket and wood cleat (not shown anymore). But the passage way to get the valve out into the open so I can replace and change connections is way too small.

I removed the hose pass through plastic sill thinking the main panel was wedged by that and the angle bracket, but it seems immovable. Do I need to remove the panel in the bedroom?
    Attachment 33793
    Attachment 33794
    How is the white panel you see attached to the 1x1 behind it? If it's only the few screws you can see by the cable and power outlet, take those out. If it's secured from behind, then check how the 1x1 is attached to the trailer and see if you can get those screws out. Failing that, go from behind by removing the panel you suggested. Good luck!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 4 screws holding the 1x1 cleat you mention. There is no way GD did this after everything was put together.

Two of the screws are all the way in by the side of the trailer. So trying to get a screwdriver the width of the panel.

Anyway, I managed to get those screws off and was able to squeeze the panel a bit. See pictures. But how do (and forgive me for asking) you get these hose clamps off? Do I need to cut the hose off? I don't mind destroying these clamps I have normal ones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64160431992__4A308428-205A-4079-8363-7426AE58C567.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	33808
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    There are 4 screws holding the 1x1 cleat you mention. There is no way GD did this after everything was put together.

Two of the screws are all the way in by the side of the trailer. So trying to get a screwdriver the width of the panel.

Anyway, I managed to get those screws off and was able to squeeze the panel a bit. See pictures. But how do (and forgive me for asking) you get these hose clamps off? Do I need to cut the hose off? I don't mind destroying these clamps I have normal ones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64160431992__4A308428-205A-4079-8363-7426AE58C567.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	33808
    Assuming you are talking about the silver bands? If so, those are PEX clamps.......I can hear you already saying, but that's not all PEX hose 😀. And you would be correct. In your photo the solid blue hose is PEX, but the hash marked pipe is soft hose. And with that you enter the wonderful world of soft hose used in RVs with pex fittings. There is lots of information online about this, but the short of it, the soft hose has a larger inner diameter than PEX, and it's really difficult to get pex clamps back on. As well, since the PEX fitting is too small for the hose, it can leak.

To get them off though, you can use pliers to pull them back, and then you'll need to use a pex crimper to get them back on, but again that's if it's PEX. If it's the soft hose, you should really use a barbed hose fitting with a hose clamp. The barbed hose fitting will have the correct diameter for the larger hose Problem with that, is now you are changing fittings and need to convert between PEX fittings and hose fittings. Again, wonderful world and lots of info online about this.

Just wondering, why do you need to take those off? Is the valve not using a threaded fitting that can screw onto the black swivel fitting?
    2019 Imagine 2400bh
    2019 f150 XLT Crew, 6.5' box, 3.55 ratio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12