User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water set to City, still fill tank

Hi all, Imagine 23bhe here. I took delivery before the winter and the city water function was working fine.

We went out on a trip 2 weeks ago using the fresh water. Everything was great.

I brought TT back to house and switched to City Water after emptying the tank and it slowly fills the tank. I'm keeping the pump off.

I've read thru the forums and heard about the check valve under the seat near the pump and I'm guessing there is something near the City/Fresh lever.

Any ideas?

Thank you
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the city water hose under pressure when you switched it?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Was the city water hose under pressure when you switched it?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    No. But the pump might have been pressurized at the time.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    No. But the pump might have been pressurized at the time.
    From what I understand, the whole plumbing system should be under no pressure when switching between city water and fresh tank fill. That means no pressure at the city hose, pump off, and open a faucet, then move the selector.

If your check valve is bad on the pump, or adjusted incorrectly, then your fresh tank would fill when the selector is on city water. An idea I had once for checking this is the following:
    - Switch your pump inlet hose to the antifreeze input
    - Take the cap off your antifreeze hose and put it in a five gallon pail
    - Connect your city water input, making sure the selector valve is on City Water before
    - Wait some time and see if the pail starts to fill

If the pail fills with water, then I would assume your check valve is bad. Otherwise it's maybe something with the selector valve

Good luck with everything, and let us know how you make out.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it must be one of the check valves. The one near the pump or by the lever. Any idea how I test that? The nautilus panel seems like a lane to take down

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So something to add. This morning with the lever to City Water, water supply off, I turned on the pump and it kept cycling.

I could hear water turning over. I went to the panel and could hear air or water moving. That's strange since the water supply valve was 100% off. I switched to Fresh Water Fill and it all stopped, no noise no pump. If I turn the water on with Fresh Water, I also notice a small streaming leak coming down the panel from the handle.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    So something to add. This morning with the lever to City Water, water supply off, I turned on the pump and it kept cycling.

I could hear water turning over. I went to the panel and could hear air or water moving. That's strange since the water supply valve was 100% off. I switched to Fresh Water Fill and it all stopped, no noise no pump. If I turn the water on with Fresh Water, I also notice a small streaming leak coming down the panel from the handle.
    Based on that, I would say your diverter valve, which attaches to the blue handle you see, is bad. If you're still under warranty, I would suspect Grand Design may send you a new one. Should be fairly straightforward to install with some plumbing knowledge. Just FYI, I think the part is https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/22051 or https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/66715 but support will know for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just something to throw out there to prevent you from having to walk back and forth from your trailer to the water source. (Inline shut off valve to add before it screws into your unit, shut it off right there at the trailer) Best of luck and hope it's an easy fix for you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 10.21.06 AM.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	33428
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS
    2020 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PowerStroke SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Yes I have a three way splitter to send all the air out of a host before it enters the RV and the splitter has shutoffs to the two outputs.

I spoke to Grand Design and they believe it is the valve. They are sending a new one out.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all. So Grand design sent out the valve. To be clear, this is the valve that diverts Fresh Water Fill or City Water.

How do I get this panel down? See pictures. I removed the angle bracket and wood cleat (not shown anymore). But the passage way to get the valve out into the open so I can replace and change connections is way too small.

I removed the hose pass through plastic sill thinking the main panel was wedged by that and the angle bracket, but it seems immovable. Do I need to remove the panel in the bedroom?

Name:	nautilus panel 1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	33793

Name:	nautilus panel 2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	33794