Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'21 3550BH & CRE3000 suspension question for 7000 mile journey

Hi All,

I'm getting ready for an epic journey this summer with the family. Basically coast to coast over 6 weeks. We purchased our '21 3550BH in December and have already used it a bunch and put about 4500 miles on her - no issues.

however, I want to make sure I'm prepped as much as possible for such a long trip and one that will take us so far from home. The rig came with the CRE3000 suspension and 7K axles. A few questions I have:

1) Should I look to switch out the axle hangers (probably the shackles, not what is welded to the frame) with the heavy duty ones?
    2) How can I find the specification/part of the leaf springs so that I can carry at least 1 extra?
    3) Is there maintenance to the actual suspension (CRE3000 part, hangers, leaves) that should be done prior or during the trip? All the Solitude manual has is checking the U-bolts, springs and hangers for damage and checking torque. It's not clear to me if there are any grease points on this stock setup.
    4) After changing out components (shackles, leaf springs) does the rig need to be aligned?

Thanks all
    Last edited by steve95628; 04-14-2021 at 06:06 PM.