I know I am going to get a lot of opinions, favorites etc. I have been a GM owner for years. I am working on upgrading trucks, again. I went from the 2010 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas with 3:73. I bought a 2019 Chevy Silverado 6.0 gas with 4:10. I did gain some power when pulling the hills, outside of Phoenix to Flagstaff. I did also lose mileage, down to about a mile or so per gallon. a little extra time for getting somewhere isn't a big deal.
So, I know everyone tells me to go Diesel, but, I also understand GM has the new 6.6 with direct injection, and Ford with the 7.3 with the 10 speed transmission, both gas. OH, all have been 4x4 and I wouldn't have anything less. a couple questions: is it hard to fine diesel fuel in the off the beaten path areas, is the cost of about 12 K really worth it if it is also my daily driver. We do about 10,000 miles per year out and about or cross country. at leas one bigger trip, 4 to 6 weeks or so, then about 8 or 10 smaller trips, 3 or 4 days to a week or so. So if any has the experience with switching, towing with both etc. please share your honest experiences and not just an opinion. OH, we tow our 337 at 14000 lb, have it at around 13,500 fully loaded.
thanks for your help and input. Jeff