User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gmc vs ford

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Nice and congrats ! Keep us posted on your feedback comparing your 19 to the 21......looking forward to reading that about the tranny and much more. Others who have posted regarding the new 10 speed are really liking it.

Dan
    I'm coming from a 2004 2500 5.9 diesel 4-speed. We happened to buy two new Ford F-550's at work last month. I picked the first one up from the lot and drove it the 25 miles or so to our yard. The 10-speed is smooth, but it was in 10th by the time you hit 35-40. Have been driving my new 3500 DRW with the Aisin 6-spd for a week now. It is not as smooth as the 10-spd, but a huge improvement on the 2004 4-spd. From my research, the Ford will drive smoother unloaded, but the Ram will beat it when under load.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever you go with doing the kind of towing that you will be doing I would go with the diesel I tow a fifth wheel for WA to NV with gas and even my wife was complaining how it tow our other fifth wheel which was lighter towing in and through the mountains in the PNW. My gas truck with was a 2016 6.4L with the 4.10 gears it tow it with no problem but man getting about 7-8 miles per gal and with high RPM was not what my wife liked and myself included.

So I traded in the gas and bought a diesel, my fifth wheel is a little heavier but towing it through the mountains and with the exhaust brake I love it, towing it half way cross country I didn't have any problem getting diesel fuel. I will never go back to gas as long as I tow my fifth wheel but hey you have to make up your own mind for your needs or wants. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for all that have contributed to the information. I have to put my purchase plans on hold at this point, for a while anyhow. I can get top dollar for my trade right now, just inventory out there is terrible due to, lets just say "STUFF". So when the time gets here, I will most likely go diesel, just got to wait a bit. Thanks again to all.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Just picked up the TV last night. HO diesel, Aisin, 4.10. Go big or go home. Never know what that next trailer may be.Attachment 34836Attachment 34836

Congrats! Nice, very nice.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345