User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2021 Ram 2500 Bighorn has a cargo camera. Perhaps you can add one to your 2020.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed a dash cam (Kingslim D4 Dual) that comes with a rear camera that acts like a backup camera. Paid $150 for camera, memory card, and hardwire kit to wire into fuse using taps. All SUPER easy AND you get dash cam out of it. Better picture (1080p) on rear cam (2K or 4K front camera). I have a factory Ford camera system so i didn't need the back up camera so I wired it to be able to see the kiddo in the rear facing car seat (which the wife loves). It's a 3" screen but I could easily use it to back into hitching a 5th wheel.

Just another option.

Was actually thinking about buying another one for the 5th wheel itself to be able to record while towing for insurance purposes just in case.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I messed with a camera for a while, but it was too wide-angle to be of much help and yet another gadget to deal with. It turns out that on my F150 crew cab the back seat center headrest support bars are perfect for lining up with a label on the pin box. As Wicked Ace suggests, you could do a version of this with tape stripes inside your rear window and a tape patch on the pin box. Initially set this up while you're hitched.

I can get things lined up most of the time by just looking in my rear view mirror.
    2020 Ford F150 XLT with HDPP, 3.5L TT V6, 6.5' bed, 3.73 axle, Curt A16 manual slider hitch.
    2021 GD Reflections 150 series 295RL 33' 5th
    Long ago: Carriage Lite 35' 5th, towed by Dodge Ram 2500 V10

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Foothiller, i apprexiate the feedback from you and everyone on this subject.

QUOTE=Foothiller;365150]I messed with a camera for a while, but it was too wide-angle to be of much help and yet another gadget to deal with. It turns out that on my F150 crew cab the back seat center headrest support bars are perfect for lining up with a label on the pin box. As Wicked Ace suggests, you could do a version of this with tape stripes inside your rear window and a tape patch on the pin box. Initially set this up while you're hitched.

I can get things lined up most of the time by just looking in my rear view mirror.[/QUOTE]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went through this process so I could hook up to my Resse Goose Box on my own. Since I already had a wireless Furrion 3-Camera setup for my rig (rear camera + dual side cameras), I had a fourth camera spot available on my Furrion display. I ended up getting a Furrion Sharkfin backup camera and took it to my local car audio/alarm installer and had them tie it into 12V power for me, installed just tucked up ender the bed rails directly in line with my goose ball hitch. Now when my truck lights are on, the camera gets power and displays a clear view of the goose ball.
    2020 Ford F-350 XLT DRW Long Box w/ 6.7 Diesel & 3.55 Gear Ratio
    B&W Turnoverball Goose Ball Hitch
    2021 Reflection 367BHS w/ Reese Goose Box 20k

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you invest in a camera, you might want to try a method that has worked for me every time for twelve years and doesn’t require any help from my wife. I cut a triangle with white duct tape and put it in the bottom of the center of my rear window. I put another white triangle on the top center of the back of the hitch, so that it’s visible through the rearview mirror. As I’m backing up, I just look in the rearview mirror and align the two white triangles with the approaching kingpin. The three points are like sighting a target down a gun barrel. I’ve used this method with three 5ers and three different hitches—it just works.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Not sure which section this should go in, figure moderator will move it if necessary.

Lol....my wife has trouble guiding me onto my Anderson Hitch so was going to get a camera that I could set into the bed, and view on a separate screen. I was contemplating a Swift Hitch. Has anyone used this product or any other camera that has helped in hooking up?

Thanks
    I've been using these magnetic markers for a while. One on the top of the bolt on the Andersen hitch, the other on the top of the king pin. I've figured out how much to back up to get directly centered and watch my cab mirror. https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-TELE.../dp/B07J5J28MN

Setting Up Camp north channel novels's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered the cab mounted camera with our 2015 Ram 2500 and that helps a lot. Not sure if you can get that retrofitted into your tow, but if you can, that would be my choice.
    2000 Jayco Eagle 243RKS 1992 Dodge 250 5.9 Cummins (retired)
    2013 Puma 253FBS 2003 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins (Moved on)
    2018 Reflection 230RL 2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (Current)

currently we are on our way to Salome AZ.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Initially, to mark center, I put a piece of yellow electrical tape on the vertical flat of the pin box nose then made it more permanent with paint. From experience I know by sighting the yellow mark and the elevation of the pin box where I am. I can get it dead on about 75% of the time now. The other 25% I'm within the area that the cup will capture and guide the ball in.
    I did buy a second camera for the Haloview mc7108 system I have at the rear. My intention was to mount it with magnets at the pinbox with the Andersen socket in view.
    I have the same system and purchased an extra camera also, initially to watch the old golf cart in the back because it tended to move around a bit, but after that was all worked out i just mounted it to a small board and put a screw gun battery also and throw it up on my partially opened hard tonnuea cover then i just back it in then pack it away . would love to permanetly mount it to the truck but i can't bring myself to drill them holes lol
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks
    25k B&W Companion on factory 5th wheel mounts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband just ordered one, to set on the toolbox, can viewed on his phone, It's called Trailer Cam reverse camera for 39.99 Cant wait til it gets here,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast