Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cvest12 View Post
    This sounds like a good method. I’ve seen people mention this “channel” several times but I’m not personally familiar with it. Is it following a pipe vent to the roof? Do you have to create your own hole in the roof?

I too am doing this to use the Ford system. I had found a wireless method on the Ford truck forum using an Amazon video transmitter and receiver, then making your own wire connector to tap in to the under bed stock connector. The wireless transmitter and receiver just aren’t well suited for an outdoor application.

Thank you all for the help.
    Cvest, if the xmiter and receiver are inside the camper out of the weather, that could work, right? can you post a link to the ford site info that you found?
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S Class 3540 GK-R
    2021 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.7 LWB F350
    Curt A 20 Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieD View Post
    Cvest, if the xmiter and receiver are inside the camper out of the weather, that could work, right? can you post a link to the ford site info that you found?
    https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...r-10-99-a.html

Here is the thread

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I have the ford setup with wire, I wonder if I can cut the harness and use the wireless transmitters in place, the receiver could go in the basement and the transmitter could go in the furrion mount..? hmm
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S Class 3540 GK-R
    2021 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.7 LWB F350
    Curt A 20 Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind all wireless regardless of brand will have latency. I tried wireless when we had our motorhome, and the latency was so bad I'd see cars coming up on the monitor at the same time it was passing my side view mirror. That's an accident waiting to happen if you use it for a lane change.....

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieD View Post
    Thanks, I have the ford setup with wire, I wonder if I can cut the harness and use the wireless transmitters in place, the receiver could go in the basement and the transmitter could go in the furrion mount..? hmm
    I don’t think it would do very well in the basement. I didn’t have the best results with the transmitter antenna just over the rear roof and receiver in the bed of the truck. It’s worth a shot at that price point. Worst part was creating the plug underneath the bed. I wasted a lot of work and time. Almost an entire day. Now I have to wire it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cvest12 View Post
    I have a 2021 Reflection. I had previously wired a backup camera and wireless transmitter on the rear but am unhappy with the results. I am replacing the transmitter with a video wire. I am looking for suggestions on snaking the wire up through the rear wall. I have looked behind a clearance light and behind the stock camera mount and have seen the aluminum frame that the wires are routed through.

I will be running this wire from the kingpin to the rear camera location. Is there a way to snake a wire from inside the coroplast through the back wall to the camera? Is my best best going via the roof? I also am not sure of how to route the wire rearward of the pin.

Any guidance is much appreciated.
    My 1st trailer I drilled a hole from outside into a cabinet, then worked my way to the frame and forward. My new Transcend Xplor didn't allow for that. So I took a piece of 4' Unistrut and attached it to the U bolts that hold the spare tire on. That is the Unistrut is behind the bumper and comes up above the spare. I placed it a little above the windshield of a car. I then attached the camera to the top of the Unistrut and snaked the wire down the Unistrut and under the trailer. I then just followed the wire bundle to the front and wired tied the cameras cable to the trailer to truck cable. My truck has a matching plug tucked behind my license plate. When I plug up the trailer brakes etc, I just plug up the camera. Very reliable, cheap, simple and works great.
    If you want a picture, let me know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12