User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

303rls fifth wheel cargo weight when at a site

Hi everyone, first time user here from Ontario Canada. I know the cargo carrying weight of our fifthwheel can not exceed 2195 lbs.
    Does that also apply to when you are parked at a campsite. As our freshwater from our holding tank is being distributed to grey and black, we usually put more fresh water in our holding tank. How much weight can the trailer take when parked?

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you dump before you travel you're OK.

I see this is your first post - welcome to the forum! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help Rob much appreciated!
    Will edit my profile as well!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilworth View Post
    Hi everyone, first time user here from Ontario Canada. I know the cargo carrying weight of our fifthwheel can not exceed 2195 lbs.
    Does that also apply to when you are parked at a campsite. As our freshwater from our holding tank is being distributed to grey and black, we usually put more fresh water in our holding tank. How much weight can the trailer take when parked?
    When we do long a week or longer at some sites with just electricity (most state parks) we often fill our fresh water tank a second time while at the site. When we leave, our black and shower/bathroom grey tanks are nearly full. The kitchen often times is close. Certainly, the effect of all this weight forward of the axles is felt when hitching but not an issue or a concern. We stop at the dump station before hitting the road.

Think boon dockers......many times they are leaving an area with their black/grey tanks pretty darn full and they may have to travel many miles before dumping. Knowing the weights of the RV when these tanks are full is important in these situations. With full tanks and if the RV weights with food, clothing, and all the other stuff put one over the CCC/GVWR of the RV, this could present some immediate and longer term structural and safety problems.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group from Ottawa ON.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dan, really appreciate that! We found the more the tanks got filled the more the trailer shook. I understand there is alot of weight there.
    The only thing I did was use my honey wagon to get rid of some grey because we love our showers.
    However impressed with this site as people here are very helpful, thanks again everyone!