User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 29g travel trailer

Hello there. Just wondering if anyone ownes a momentum 29g tt toy hauler. My wife and I love the floor plan and also like the garage not bleeding into the living area. I’ve read that they sway quite a bit going down the road even with correct towing setup. And also curious about any problems you’ve had thank you. 2018 f-350 dually is my tv

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not own one but my brother does. He pulls it with a 2500 Ram diesel and say's it pulls great. He carries a Cam Am in the garage. The 3500 should pull with no problem. Maybe he will chime in. He's older than me probably fell asleep in his chair by now.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pull ours with a 2010 F350 Dually. We use the R3 ReCurve by Eaz Lift WDH, never any sway. sometimes have 2 full dress Harley's sometimes empty in the back, I do add water in the fresh tank when the bikes are not in the trailer.
    The nice thing about the R3 is it has an adjustable sway, so I can loosen it or tighten it as needed.
    Neil and Joyce Anderson
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 29G
    2010 F350SD Dually / 2019 Harley Ultra Limited (Mine) / 2016 Harley Street Glide (Wife's)
    Might get to retire someday if we ever stop spending money!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another question would be the second toilet in garage and any problems with trailer in general. Thanks for the hitch input.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pjbncal2 View Post
    Another question would be the second toilet in garage and any problems with trailer in general. Thanks for the hitch input.
    We have 31G towing it with ‘11 F250 PowerStroke. We are using the Equalizer 16k hitch and it does a good job. If I could go back, would probably get the weighsafe. So far we love it. My 9 year old son uses the garage bathroom and it’s fine. It’s a little tight for adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at a 31g and a 30g today. We really liked the 30g with the free standing dinette. I’m wondering how everyone deals with the lack of storage for clothes etc. We have two young kids and we’re noticing that , other than the limited drawers in the bedroom, there’s nothing else. I am also concerned that the 30g on the lot only had 1 A/C unit in the middle with ducts running throughout the unit. It’s a 30amp trailer and I have a hard time believing that 1 unit will keep an almost 35’ trailer down. I maybe wrong but any input would be appreciated

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at a 31g and a 30g today. We really liked the 30g with the free standing dinette. I’m wondering how everyone deals with the lack of storage for clothes etc. We have two young kids and we’re noticing that , other than the limited drawers in the bedroom, there’s nothing else. I am also concerned that the 30g on the lot only had 1 A/C unit in the middle with ducts running throughout the unit. It’s a 30amp trailer and I have a hard time believing that 1 unit will keep an almost 35’ trailer down. I maybe wrong but any input would be appreciated
    Our 31G shipped with one AC, mix up between GD and our dealer when we ordered it with the second AC. We were full hook up camping and it was hitting into the mid 90’s a few days and the AC wasn’t keeping up enough for us. Trailer was getting into the the 80’s. I didn’t have it all setup for warm weather camping yet, I.E. fans, reflectix, vent covers, etc. Our last trailer was a 32 foot bunkhouse with one A/C and it was miserable in hot weather even at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up my 30G in Tucson last week, just as the massive heat wave was starting. The two ACs did a great job until the temps got above 115. I live in AZ, and know first hand that even a typical home AC setup can only do so much with those temps.

The storage in the 30G is limited for sure. I travel alone, so it's enough for me, but I'm considering replacing the slide couch with a small dresser, about the same size as the one under the mirror in the master room, and putting a TV and Xbox on top of it for the entertainment center. I could then take the ceiling TV () out and use that space for storage.

The 4-seat table (which I also liked) is a little small for four people, but I saw a video where someone added a fold-down extension for it.

You might want both couches in the back, but I'm also looking at replacing the one next to the slide out with an office desk. With this setup, all of the seating is on one side, and the work, entertainment, and kitchen are on the other.

Still mulling this over but that's the draft plan.
    Jeff
    2021 30G Toy Hauler
    2021 RAM 2500 6.7L HD