User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy I am new to the forum. Winegard Gateway install. No wires visible

We have poor wifi at this park and got a version hotspot. The wifi can be boosted though so we bought a park pass but we do not get wifi. So the winegard air 360 allows a gateway to be put in rather easily. IFFFFFF you can find the inside cap that holds the connectors in the ceiling until you are ready. We have an MKE 17 (love this thing) but cannot find any way to connect or get the wires from the air 360 to plug in. Most other RVs have this inside cap below the antennae on the inside which allows a fast install. But there is a speaker inside but no cap. So how does one install the gateway router to the inside ceiling if the wires are not available. If someone has done this will you please let me know. Dealers scratch their heads when I ask where the wires are. I can take out the speaker and search around for wires but that seems weird. HELP!!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricjoyner View Post
    We have poor wifi at this park and got a version hotspot. The wifi can be boosted though so we bought a park pass but we do not get wifi. So the winegard air 360 allows a gateway to be put in rather easily. IFFFFFF you can find the inside cap that holds the connectors in the ceiling until you are ready. We have an MKE 17 (love this thing) but cannot find any way to connect or get the wires from the air 360 to plug in. Most other RVs have this inside cap below the antennae on the inside which allows a fast install. But there is a speaker inside but no cap. So how does one install the gateway router to the inside ceiling if the wires are not available. If someone has done this will you please let me know. Dealers scratch their heads when I ask where the wires are. I can take out the speaker and search around for wires but that seems weird. HELP!!!
    I've heard there are 2 different Winegard Air 360.
    If there isn't an access cap in the ceiling, probably just the TV/Radio antenna was installed.

Parts lookup for a 2021 Imagine 17MKE XLS > Exterior > Attachments, lists the Air 360 - https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup

Air 360° VHF/UHF & AM/FM RV Antenna (A3-2000) (without Wireless Gateway)
    https://winegard.com/products/hdtv-d.../air-360-white

AIR 360+ Amplified Omnidirectional VHF/UHF & FM RV Antenna w/ Optional 4G LTE/WiFi Gateway Add-On (AR-360B)
    https://winegard.com/products/hdtv-d...360-plus-black

Parts lookup for a 2021 Reflection shows both types of Air 360s
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need the air 360+. Look outside on the dome to see if you see the +. You will also have a round plastic puck filler on the inside ceiling right under the done. I don't think GD installs the air 360 + on the Imagine line. Just the air 360.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    You need the air 360+. Look outside on the dome to see if you see the +. You will also have a round plastic puck filler on the inside ceiling right under the done. I don't think GD installs the air 360 + on the Imagine line. Just the air 360.
    Just an update from a new 2021 337RLS... here is a screen grab of my manual... 360+

I'm still interested in the Gateway is a good way to go or not... anyone have any current info on how well it works? Does it only become a WiF- router by using the "carrier" such as VZW, or will it capture the RV Park's WiFi and become an extender/booster? (As you can see... I'm still learning about how it works or doesnt....)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For sure make sure you have the 360 plus. You will know this because there is a hockey puck sized plastic cover underneath it on the inside of the rv. If you do not have this the rv does not have 360 plus and cannot add the gateway router to it without changing the antenae. I have the mke17 imagine and it is not equipped with it. Here us the scoop. Physically the gateway is great for picking up and amplifying the wifi of a park. Awesome. You can also get a hotspot sim card from them but it is expensive and not much data flow. Vzw or another one may work too. But the only cellular company that has true unlimited is t mobile. Use that.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems correct that the 17MKE does not come standard with the Winegard 360+. I looked for the ceiling cap this morning and came here in search of info. Thanks for the replies!