Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Check your hoses!

Getting ready for a month long trip, and just got the trailer out of storage. Proceeded to start the sanitizing process. I bought a cheap 2 gal. watering pitcher that I use to premix the bleach in - the spout makes it easier to pour into the gravity fill port on my trailer.
    Surprised to see bits of "stuff" floating around in the pitcher. Ick! Dumped that batch, and made new. Even more stuff! Blamed it on the pine trees I was standing under. Moved away, and this time even more stuff!
    I need almost 100 ft of hose to get from my house spigot to the trailer, so 4 lengths of hose. Finally started testing each length. 2 were my pricey fabric collapsible "Zero-G" hoses that I really like. About 4 seasons of use. The other two were old Camco white ones, one at least 10 yrs old, usually relegated to emergency use only.
    Yep, of course it was the Zero-G's that were putting out "chunks". Bummer. Long flushing, etc. just made it worse.

Bought what was available locally since we leave very soon - cheap white ones, with the bad fittings which are prone to leaking. If there is time will try to pick up new ends for them, and replace with better....

In any event - as part of the sanitizing routine, I'd advise just doing a bucket test as I ended up doing, before just trusting what your hose may be putting into your tank/plumbing. Now I wonder how long this has been happening....at least I use a filter just before it enters the trailer when on city water!
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Getting ready for a month long trip, and just got the trailer out of storage. Proceeded to start the sanitizing process. I bought a cheap 2 gal. watering pitcher that I use to premix the bleach in - the spout makes it easier to pour into the gravity fill port on my trailer.
    Surprised to see bits of "stuff" floating around in the pitcher. Ick! Dumped that batch, and made new. Even more stuff! Blamed it on the pine trees I was standing under. Moved away, and this time even more stuff!
    I need almost 100 ft of hose to get from my house spigot to the trailer, so 4 lengths of hose. Finally started testing each length. 2 were my pricey fabric collapsible "Zero-G" hoses that I really like. About 4 seasons of use. The other two were old Camco white ones, one at least 10 yrs old, usually relegated to emergency use only.
    Yep, of course it was the Zero-G's that were putting out "chunks". Bummer. Long flushing, etc. just made it worse.

Bought what was available locally since we leave very soon - cheap white ones, with the bad fittings which are prone to leaking. If there is time will try to pick up new ends for them, and replace with better....

In any event - as part of the sanitizing routine, I'd advise just doing a bucket test as I ended up doing, before just trusting what your hose may be putting into your tank/plumbing. Now I wonder how long this has been happening....at least I use a filter just before it enters the trailer when on city water!
    Hey Ted, I guess you just gave me another good reason to put the filter on the house side. Who woulda thunck the Zero G hoses would deteriorate that fast. I'll check mine. Thanks for the post.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post

After watching this and your post I am wondering if I should ditch my Zero G and replace it with a Flexzilla.

https://youtu.be/WalzXF48iac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting - the newer Camco "TastePure" hose is NSF listed. That might be my new one to try....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCamper View Post
    After watching this and your post I am wondering if I should ditch my Zero G and replace it with a Flexzilla.

https://youtu.be/WalzXF48iac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks to @sande005 for starting this thread and to @AZCamper for the YT link. I was getting ready to ditch my conventional hoses for the Zero G. I'm tired of fighting the hoses to roll them up. Now I may rethink the Zero-G upgrade. The Flexzilla looks interesting. The price point is also much better than Zero-G. One more thing to think about?!

Does anyone have suggestions on how to EASILY roll-up conventional hoses?
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check your hoses!

Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    Thanks to @sande005 for starting this thread and to @AZCamper for the YT link. I was getting ready to ditch my conventional hoses for the Zero G. I'm tired of fighting the hoses to roll them up. Now I may rethink the Zero-G upgrade. The Flexzilla looks interesting. The price point is also much better than Zero-G. One more thing to think about?!

Does anyone have suggestions on how to EASILY roll-up conventional hoses?
    I store mine in a 5 gallon pail. It coils around the inside of the pail easily
    50 feet of white camco hose and store my filters,regulator and fittings in the middle

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 04-16-2021 at 09:46 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I store mine in a 5 gallon pail. It coils around the inside of the pail easily
    50 feet of white camco hose and store my filters,regulator and fittings in the middle

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Thanks. I'll have to give that a try. Right now I have two hoses in a tub with the accessories - regulator, Y, filter. No reason I couldn't switch to a 5-gallon pail for all that and it would take up less space in the pass through.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    Thanks. I'll have to give that a try. Right now I have two hoses in a tub with the accessories - regulator, Y, filter. No reason I couldn't switch to a 5-gallon pail for all that and it would take up less space in the pass through.

One has 50 feet of garden hose and a 25 foot camco hose ,2 blue coil hoses and nozzles
    Other has 50 feet drinking hose (room for more) and all of my fittings and regulator Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0606.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	33448

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked their website. They have a 5 year warranty. Not sure if this would be covered but would be interesting to bring it to them as a possibility. Scanned through a bunch of amazon reviews with average of 4.7/5. By far the most negative reviews were those about physical failures, leaks. About 1/2 of the failures occured right out of the box, the other after couple months of use. Even fewer negative reviews mentioned bad taste/smell, wondering if there is coorelation there with what you saw. I like the packability too much to give it up and not sure I'm terribly concerned simply because I use my filter on the camper side of the hose but I'll definitely be keeping a look out. Thanks for the heads up.
    -Rob M

2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE "Wanda Travelmor"
    Everything we wanted in a trailer, nothing we didn't.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmaly76 View Post
    Just checked their website. They have a 5 year warranty. Not sure if this would be covered but would be interesting to bring it to them as a possibility. Scanned through a bunch of amazon reviews with average of 4.7/5. By far the most negative reviews were those about physical failures, leaks. About 1/2 of the failures occured right out of the box, the other after couple months of use. Even fewer negative reviews mentioned bad taste/smell, wondering if there is coorelation there with what you saw. I like the packability too much to give it up and not sure I'm terribly concerned simply because I use my filter on the camper side of the hose but I'll definitely be keeping a look out. Thanks for the heads up.
    I would be quite positive they just don’t see it and know

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast