User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    currently we are on our way to Salome AZ.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    I have a Momentum 381M and I'm staring to look into being able to hook up my Pressure Washer.

It's electric, I know I'm good to power it with my Generator (I wouldn't be using it in parks where I have 50A service). But I'm curious as to hooking up the water side of it.

My pressure washer has it's own pump built in, so really all I need is a supply line from my water tank but I can't have the supply operated from the internal RV water pump.
    From what I've noticed so far, the only current hookup would be from the factory outdoor shower connection which is some type of quick disconnect and fairly small hose so I'm not even sure that would work.

I'm thinking worst case is I could maybe tap the tank and add an aux line, I just need the water to gravity feed. Ideally I need a typical water hose connection to connect directly to my pressure washer.
    My specific pressure washer operates at about 2 GPM for what it's worth.

I'm sure someone out there has connected a pressure washer to their RV before Hoping one of you has some insight to this, thanks!
    I already do this, hookup PS to either your outside shower or the hose hookup by the front door. Put rv in dry camper mode on the water panel turn on the pump. I run 50' of 5/8 hose hooked up to the squirly hose that came with rv PS on the other side works great never any issues also works hooked to city water same way.... don't make any holes in your tank. just an opinion, but holes leak

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone try this one or a similar one?

https://youtu.be/btXhdvqXq0k

Would be nice for washing our side by side before putting it in our Momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdaddy View Post
    I already do this, hookup PS to either your outside shower or the hose hookup by the front door. Put rv in dry camper mode on the water panel turn on the pump. I run 50' of 5/8 hose hooked up to the squirly hose that came with rv PS on the other side works great never any issues also works hooked to city water same way.... don't make any holes in your tank. just an opinion, but holes leak
    Sweet thanks!

Do I have a hose hookup by the front door??? Haha if so I never knew [emoji23] I only knew about the small outdoor shower hookup. I should be back at the RV tomorrow.

And yes I would prefer not to add additional holes, but was willing to if I had to as a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by AZCamper View Post
    Anyone try this one or a similar one?

https://youtu.be/btXhdvqXq0k

Would be nice for washing our side by side before putting it in our Momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven’t but I bet it would work just great for your needs! And the small form factor would make it use to haul around.
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes. Works OK. You have to experiment with the nozzle attachments to get to where the flow is acceptable. Its a far cry from a real pressure washer but for campsite use, I find it useful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mind providing the pressure washer info? I'd be interested to see this. Sounds like a cool idea!
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert Flow Max™ 40V Portable Power Cleaner SKU: 2020111765 520 psi
    You can order from Lippert or Amazon (I just saw it there)
    Comes with two batteries. One last pretty long.
    Only downside so far is that it goes thru a 5 gallon bucket relatively fast
    and the soap dispenser is a bit annoying to work with and takes a little while
    before the soap actually gets to the nozzle tip. The only time you get decent
    "pressure wash" is when set to the "jet" setting on one of the nozzles.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone,

Ok so I've successfully got this all hooked up and working perfectly for use off-grid (generator).

Step 1 - Install dedicated 20A receptacle
    My specific pressure washer can push close to 15A by itself, with a foam cannon it has potential to surge up to around 16-17A.
    I didn't have any open slots in my main breaker panel but I did have one 15A existing breaker that was a double-width breaker, so I replaced that with two single width breakers, one 15A for the existing circuit and one 20A for my new dedicated circuit.
    I then ran new 12ga wire from my new 20A breaker to the existing receptacle outside near the front door. This outlet will now be my dedicated 20A receptacle.

Side note: I didn't think about it at the time but I would like to relocate this to an interior position to be more protected from overspray/soap etc from the pressure washer.

Step 2 - Fill up water tanks
    Next I filled up my water tanks which is about 150 gallons at an apartment complex (yes with permission). After they were filled I already had a side street in mind near by that I planned on testing this setup. It was just a mile or two away.

Step 3 - Final connections
    My specific pressure washer (Kranzle) with my chosen nozzle requires about 2gpm, which my chosen nozzle and at 2gpm I'm right at about 1000psi. My water pump in the RV has an output of up to 3.1gpm. So I knew my water pump could keep up with the demands of the pressure washer.
    My RV was supplied with one of those flex coiled hoses for the outdoor shower hookup or whatever else you want to use it for. It has the quick connect on one end and a standard garden hose male threaded fitting on the other. This allowed me to connect my pressure washer directly to that hose for the water supply.
    I then simply plugged in my 120V cable to my new dedicated 20A circuit, turned on the generator and everything worked great!

I was able to wash the entire 43' fifth wheel (381M), I did run out of water at the very end rinsing a last small section but was able to finish. Since this was the first time doing it I know I can save more water too since I was testing everything and that wasted some water. But at no point did anything not work, I am super excited about this.
    I have used this pressure washer hooked up to a standard city supply as well and everything functioned the exact same.

So for my setup, there were zero issues and functioned exactly the same as if you were hooked up at a typical "home".

Happy to provide any further info if anyone has any questions.
    Last edited by FirstAscent; 06-22-2021 at 03:12 PM.
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12