User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who has hooked up a Pressure Washer to their RV?

I have a Momentum 381M and I'm staring to look into being able to hook up my Pressure Washer.

It's electric, I know I'm good to power it with my Generator (I wouldn't be using it in parks where I have 50A service). But I'm curious as to hooking up the water side of it.

My pressure washer has it's own pump built in, so really all I need is a supply line from my water tank but I can't have the supply operated from the internal RV water pump.
    From what I've noticed so far, the only current hookup would be from the factory outdoor shower connection which is some type of quick disconnect and fairly small hose so I'm not even sure that would work.

I'm thinking worst case is I could maybe tap the tank and add an aux line, I just need the water to gravity feed. Ideally I need a typical water hose connection to connect directly to my pressure washer.
    My specific pressure washer operates at about 2 GPM for what it's worth.

I'm sure someone out there has connected a pressure washer to their RV before Hoping one of you has some insight to this, thanks!
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a smaller Ryobi electric unit that I picked up at HD. In the operating instructions, it specifically states to use a 3/4” ID hose. Not 1/2”, not 5/8”, but a full 3/4”. It needs a lot of water input to put out any effective pressure. You might want to look at the specs on yours to see what the requirements are.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    I have a smaller Ryobi electric unit that I picked up at HD. In the operating instructions, it specifically states to use a 3/4” ID hose. Not 1/2”, not 5/8”, but a full 3/4”. It needs a lot of water input to put out any effective pressure. You might want to look at the specs on yours to see what the requirements are.
    Oh sure state the obvious. Haha thanks that’s a good idea. I actually just ordered it and it should be here next week so I’ll have to look that up. If it requires any specific size then I may have to tap the tank
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure it will work just drawing from the tank without input pressure? The ones I have seen expect pressure on the input side. I have not tried it without input pressure.

I would test with a 5 gallon bucket before modifying the RV.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just me but I would never add another way for water to leak in my underbelly.

Just my two cents.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    It's just me but I would never add another way for water to leak in my underbelly.

Just my two cents.

Red
    All he needs to do is glue a coupler onto his fresh water dump (I assume it has one)
    Pull the dump handle and it will gravity feed to the washer

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llr2800 View Post
    Are you sure it will work just drawing from the tank without input pressure? The ones I have seen expect pressure on the input side. I have not tried it without input pressure.

I would test with a 5 gallon bucket before modifying the RV.
    Yes because it has its own built in pump so it doesn’t have to rely on input pressure, so that’s why I’d just need it to be gravity fed. But yes typically most pressure washers don’t have a pump for that type of use
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    All he needs to do is glue a coupler onto his fresh water dump (I assume it has one)
    Pull the dump handle and it will gravity feed to the washer

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Good idea! And that’d be easy to access. I’d either want some type of quick disconnect or diverter so that I could still easily drain the tank quickly too. It’d take forever trying to drain it out of a garden hose haha.

And the use of the pressure washer would not be a normal occurrence, but I do want to be able to use it easily when I want to.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if I camp next to you will you wash my rig? I'll buy the beer...LOL.

FYI. I carry a pressure washer too. I just feel if we're dry camping we're off the grid and there's no use to clean it.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI. I carry a pressure washer too. I just feel if we're dry camping we're off the grid and there's no use to clean it.

Red
    I assume the OP wants it for the toys in the garage that could be encased in mud
    It is a good idea as pressure washers clean quicker with less water than any other method

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red
    Deal! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I assume the OP wants it for the toys in the garage that could be encased in mud
    It is a good idea as pressure washers clean quicker with less water than any other method

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Yes that’s definitely one reason, but also for washing the rig itself easily if I want. In my experience it hasn’t been easy finding places to wash it. I did pay this mobile RV wash guy while in Sedona but that was also in a well know populated RV area which I’m not in as often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast