User Tag List

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coleman Powermate 6250 generator good for a camper?

I know there are specific campers for rv's and ones you shouldn't use due to "dirty" electricity, but how do you know?

I have a friend that has this 6250 Powermate that he just wants a few hundred for, only been used a couple times.....me being a newbie and not knowing a lot yet......would this be ok for a camper?

Thanks all

Ray
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    I know there are specific campers for rv's and ones you shouldn't use due to "dirty" electricity, but how do you know?

I have a friend that has this 6250 Powermate that he just wants a few hundred for, only been used a couple times.....me being a newbie and not knowing a lot yet......would this be ok for a camper?

Thanks all

Ray
    That type of generator is not an inverter genny....so basically yes, dirty power. Another issue is the noise level it will produce. That is considered a "construction" type generator instead of a completely enclosed type and you will likely be known by everyone in the campground within about 15 minutes......and not in a good way. I'd take a pass on that without question.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks X, VERY much appreciated sir.
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    That type of generator is not an inverter genny....so basically yes, dirty power. Another issue is the noise level it will produce. That is considered a "construction" type generator instead of a completely enclosed type and you will likely be known by everyone in the campground within about 15 minutes......and not in a good way. I'd take a pass on that without question.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do YOU use X?

Thanks X, VERY much appreciated sir.
    Ray

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do YOU use X?
    Well, I don't often need a generator, but the Momentum that I have, has a built in Onan 5500 Watt generator. For home use, I have a Yamaha 6300 Inverter type generator....just be sitting down when you look up the price. They are about $4000 plus, but I've had it for almost 10 years....it's my house backup emergency power for when we lose power.

Last edited by xrated; 04-11-2021 at 12:43 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people get Honda 2200i's or something similar. They get two and hook them together with a parallel kit. That way they are lighter and easier to move around and you still get 30 amp power. Their noise level is 58dB, so when shopping look for that noise level.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Red, appreciate it sir.
    Ray
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Most people get Honda 2200i's or something similar. They get two and hook them together with a parallel kit. That way they are lighter and easier to move around and you still get 30 amp power. Their noise level is 58dB, so when shopping look for that noise level.

Red

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a less expensive option to the Hondas. The two Hondas will run about $2500 for two with the parallel kit. I also have a 6 gal boat fuel tank I can hook to both of my Hondas.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Champion-Po...d4e10dc1a89265

Red.

We have a Onan generator in our Momentum so I hardly ever use the Hondas. If I had to buy them again I would try a less expensive option. You just don't use these enough to need the Cadillac, in my opinion.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don't often need a generator, but the Momentum that I have, has a built in Onan 5500 Watt generator. For home use, I have a Yamaha 6300 Inverter type generator....just be sitting down when you look up the price. They are about $4000 plus, but I've had it for almost 10 years....it's my house backup emergency power for when we lose power.

We have the 3k version of this and are extremely happy with itClick image for larger version. 

Name:	5670.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	33468

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Red, appreciated.

QUOTE=Redapple63;363643]We have the 3k version of this and are extremely happy with itClick image for larger version. 

Name:	5670.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	33468

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]