Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV audio over sound system

My 2021 312 BHTS travel trailer has a nice sound system. But I can’t figure out how to get the TV audio to go to the system. Just getting audio from the TV speakers. I would appreciate some help with this. On the back of the TV, the only connections are the hdmi and the cable. No audio out cable whatsoever. So. I’m wondering if it is even wired for audio to the sound system. Do I need to move the hdmi cable to the port with ARC? Thanks for the help.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No headphone output?
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea there are audio outputs on the TV. But I was hoping that I would not have to pull things apart and run wires. I’m hoping it is already set up somehow. Perhaps via hdmi arc. Hoping the grand design wizards anticipated the need to pipe the TV through the stereo system.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    ... Hoping the grand design wizards anticipated the need to pipe the TV through the stereo system.
    I don't think they did. If you use the search function, you'll find a number of threads about people using the audio out from the TV and running a cable back to the auxiliary inputs on the (Jensen?) head unit. Others don't use the OEM system at all and install a good sound bar and run everything through that.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    My 2021 312 BHTS travel trailer has a nice sound system. But I can’t figure out how to get the TV audio to go to the system. Just getting audio from the TV speakers. I would appreciate some help with this. On the back of the TV, the only connections are the hdmi and the cable. No audio out cable whatsoever. So. I’m wondering if it is even wired for audio to the sound system. Do I need to move the hdmi cable to the port with ARC? Thanks for the help.
    A "nice sound system"? OEM, haven't heard that one before. As @Second Chance stated, there are other threads on this topic if you use the search. But the answer is NO they do not connect the TV to the sound system out of the factory. And yes you may need to take stuff apart if you want a permanent wired solution.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mine's older, using a TLC TV and a Furrion 3200 sound unit. I saw where others got it going using the ARC hdmi port. In my case the TV had RCA jacks for audio out, and the Furrion had RCA jacks for Audio in. Didn't find out about that until I pulled the unit out of the cabinet. Hooked those up, and all was good. Get sound over the speakers from DVD's, the TV, and even from the computer hooked to the TV via an HDMI cable.

Word of warning - make sure you know what setting is what for speakers on your unit. We were watching "Deadwood" later in the evening, with the sound up pretty high to hear over the roar of the AC. There's a lot of very "creative" language in that show. Went to take the dogs out pretty late, and discovered the outside speakers had been blasting the campground for the last couple of hours. Bet a lot of kids increased their vocabulary that evening.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)