Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

351M Patio awning will not fully retract.

The awning over the patio will not retract fully. It extends just fine, and will retract to within about 2' of fully closed and then stops. I was able to manually retract it using a 3/8" ratchet wrench, so not a big deal, just inconvenient. When we got home I found the manual in my packet. There are 2 adjustment screws for out and in. I was able to adjust the in screw to where it would finally retract fully. It worked once after that and now is back to not fully retracting. Is a motor replacement the only option or does someone know of a fix for this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4686.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	33451

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry can't help you, but would like to know. My brother's 29g did the same thing last week.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to follow up on this .. I had the same problem with my rear awning. It wouldn't retract for the last 12" or so.

It took about an hour of adjusting the limit screws in and out to get it to work correctly, but I think I finally did. It's kind of a pain in the butt, but it's better than replacing the material (after 6 months) like Carefree says to do on their website.

Here is the relevant page from The Carefree Freedom Freestyle WM manual - https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/d...ice-Manual.pdf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patio_awning_limit_adjust.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	35534
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 07-19-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    signature