User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've taken a number of trips already, but this was the first time I weighed it. Tongue weight is a little light but I had the hitch setup to allow another battery and bike rack on the tongue in the future and haven't gotten around to that yet. Not experienced any sway at all and barely feel semis as they go by. Its a Colorado pulling a 21bhe. Averaged 12.5 mpg on the trip this week.

I didn't think there was an issue based on how its been towing and the numbers, but wondered if I was missing something after the one calculator said I was 1000lbs too heavy. Trailer feels even more stable since I switched to Endurance tires just before the trip this week.

Thanks.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it’s doing well! Also great to see such low weight numbers for the 21BHE, opens it up clearly to midsize owners. Still impressed by those trucks, they really handle a load well (former owner here).

Thanks for the tip on Endurance. That’s a nice bonus that may accelerate our replacement timeline
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    Glad it’s doing well! Also great to see such low weight numbers for the 21BHE, opens it up clearly to midsize owners. Still impressed by those trucks, they really handle a load well (former owner here).

Thanks for the tip on Endurance. That’s a nice bonus that may accelerate our replacement timeline
    I agree our 2017 Colorado crew cab short bed 4x4 Diesel towed about as well as our 2016 Silverado crew cab short bed 4x4 High Country with a 5.3 8 speed did.
    We last had a 2020 22MLE behind our Colorado. It got 4 mpg better towing than the Silverado and didn't labor or search for gears like the Silverado did when cruising or pulling grades. The Silverado may have been a tad more stable because it was heavier,but not really enough to notice.
    It's amazing at the torque and pulling power of even a little diesel.
    Stay safe.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somedays I am just really slow. I was having trouble understand why WDH was a deal, after looking up more references I discovered WDH stands for weight distributing hitch. No wonder I didn't get it, I have a 5th wheel...
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    ... WDH stands for weight distributing hitch. No wonder I didn't get it, I have a 5th wheel...
    LOL, you just made me feel much less ignorant :}. I too have a 5th wheel!! Ah!
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 260RD Fifth wheel
    Solar 800 watt 400 ah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12