User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lay Flat Recliners - whats good?

I am considering removing the chaise lounge and installing 2 lay flay recliners along with some small tables, I have done some measuring and so far I think it will work. I am looking for lay flat so I still might have a place for a guest to sleep. The other thing is finding a recliner that can be taken apart to get it through the door. Would prefer an manual one, but they don't seam to exist.

Thoughts - brand suggestions or what to stay away from?

Thanks Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These don't lay completely flat, but in all my searching last summer they were the flatest that I could find. I sometimes get restless in the night and wanted something I could lay back and try to sleep in without disturbing my wife. The brand is Barcalounger and this model is the Marjon. They come with the ottoman and I think one or two other colors. We obviously bought a pair. They are more expensive than what we wanted to pay, but sometimes you just get what you pay for.....and they are genuine leather...not the fake stuff.

We purchased them from this place....and they had the best pricing that I found for the exact ones. Color is Tobacco
    https://liftandmassagechairs.com/pro...RoCgeIQAvD_BwE
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    These don't lay completely flat, but in all my searching last summer they were the flatest that I could find. I sometimes get restless in the night and wanted something I could lay back and try to sleep in without disturbing my wife. The brand is Barcalounger and this model is the Marjon. They come with the ottoman and I think one or two other colors. We obviously bought a pair. They are more expensive than what we wanted to pay, but sometimes you just get what you pay for.....and they are genuine leather...not the fake stuff.

We purchased them from this place....and they had the best pricing that I found for the exact ones. Color is Tobacco
    https://liftandmassagechairs.com/pro...RoCgeIQAvD_BwE
    Thanks
    How do you keep them from moving when traveling?
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Thanks
    How do you keep them from moving when traveling?
    I put in some nylon strapping.....both for the chairs and for the ottomans. Down low on the streetside wall I anchored a piece of strapping with the female plastic snap on it, and then on the other end of that slide opening, I anchored a piece of the same kind of strapping with the male plastic snap on it. We turn the chair so that the back of them is farthest away from the wall with the windows, put a towel down on each seat, then slide the chair up to the wall. Then I run the strapping around the metal base upright on both chairs and snap the two halves of the strapping together.

I don't have a picture of the chairs strapped in place, but here is one of the ottomans strapping location....under my dinette table. I put some of the foam swim noodles on the table brace (a bit of a sharp edge), push them into place and do the same type of strapping on them as I do the chairs. They haven't move in the several trips we have made since doing this last summer/early fall. Here's the pic ....

2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I put in some nylon strapping.....both for the chairs and for the ottomans. Down low on the streetside wall I anchored a piece of strapping with the female plastic snap on it, and then on the other end of that slide opening, I anchored a piece of the same kind of strapping with the male plastic snap on it. We turn the chair so that the back of them is farthest away from the wall with the windows, put a towel down on each seat, then slide the chair up to the wall. Then I run the strapping around the metal base upright on both chairs and snap the two halves of the strapping together.

I don't have a picture of the chairs strapped in place, but here is one of the ottomans strapping location....under my dinette table. I put some of the foam swim noodles on the table brace (a bit of a sharp edge), push them into place and do the same type of strapping on them as I do the chairs. They haven't move in the several trips we have made since doing this last summer/early fall. Here's the pic ....

Thanks
    BTW Where did you get the dinette table? It appears your chairs will fit on either side. Looks like a great set up.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    BTW Where did you get the dinette table? It appears your chairs will fit on either side. Looks like a great set up.
    That's the table that came with the trailer....it is OEM. There were also 4 chairs, but we only use two of them and they sit where the ottomans are shown when stored. The other side of the dinette, we took those chairs out and put this in their place. It has a nice padded seat and some storage under the lid.....

2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's the table that came with the trailer....it is OEM. There were also 4 chairs, but we only use two of them and they sit where the ottomans are shown when stored. The other side of the dinette, we took those chairs out and put this in their place. It has a nice padded seat and some storage under the lid.....

Thanks - great ideas. By chance do you have a picture of the Barcalounger fully reclined. I am curious as to how flat they go.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - great ideas. By chance do you have a picture of the Barcalounger fully reclined. I am curious as to how flat they go.
    Sorry, I don't have one with it reclined back. I just some info on it though that says it's range is 115 degrees to 160 degrees. So if 90 degrees was straight up and down, and 180 degrees to totally flat or horizontal, it comes within 20 degrees of totally flat. Plus, the head rest area is adjustable forward and back, and the pillow part of it can be raised or lowered to your comfort, and of course the entire chair swivels 360 degrees. Even the ottoman tilts too.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I don't have one with it reclined back. I just some info on it though that says it's range is 115 degrees to 160 degrees. So if 90 degrees was straight up and down, and 180 degrees to totally flat or horizontal, it comes within 20 degrees of totally flat. Plus, the head rest area is adjustable forward and back, and the pillow part of it can be raised or lowered to your comfort, and of course the entire chair swivels 360 degrees. Even the ottoman tilts too.
    Dang it - there you go costing me money

Ill take a hard look at it this week as I start my solar upgrade. Need to take some measurements and chat with SWMBO. Might be a fall project.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang it - there you go costing me money

Ill take a hard look at it this week as I start my solar upgrade. Need to take some measurements and chat with SWMBO. Might be a fall project.
    LOL.....that's what I'm here for.....to cost the other members money just like I did! Seriously though, we sold the theatre seating and the "L" shaped sofa/recliners out of ours and got $500 for all of it, so if you look at it that way, that's $250 off of each reliner that you buy. I seriously don't regret it either....these are so much more comfortable than the OEM stuff....and much higher quality.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast