User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Bathroom Faucet

I have seen that many of you have the same gripes as I do about the tiny bathroom faucet over the tiny sink.
    My ultimate goal is to replace the sink and faucet but this last weekend I decided to change out the faucet first to see if that improved things enough to get by for a while.

Wifey found a faucet on sale at Lowe's that fit the existing counter top holes and even had the correct sized inlets for the plumbing.
    Sounded like a easy swap out and maybe a 15 minute job.

Wrong!

The new faucet was about 3/8" larger (deeper) than the stock version. It would not set flat due the the rim on the SS sink.
    I had a choice to make. #1 Re-drill new holes set it back a bit or #2 cut a small section out of the sink.
    Re-drilling the holes would leave the old holes dangerously close to the edge of base where they might even stick out a little and that would look horrible.
    Cutting Stainless Steele is a booger and I'd only get one chance to get this right.

I cut the sink in place. I used the new faucet base gasket as a template and marked where my cut should be.

It took 3 cut off wheels on the Dremel and about 15 minutes of time but I got a pretty good fit.
    Most of all the boss is happy with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sink_1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	46834

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sink_2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	46835

Safe travels
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    I have seen that many of you have the same gripes as I do about the tiny bathroom faucet over the tiny sink.
    My ultimate goal is to replace the sink and faucet but this last weekend I decided to change out the faucet first to see if that improved things enough to get by for a while.

Wifey found a faucet on sale at Lowe's that fit the existing counter top holes and even had the correct sized inlets for the plumbing.
    Sounded like a easy swap out and maybe a 15 minute job.

Wrong!

The new faucet was about 3/8" larger (deeper) than the stock version. It would not set flat due the the rim on the SS sink.
    I had a choice to make. #1 Re-drill new holes set it back a bit or #2 cut a small section out of the sink.
    Re-drilling the holes would leave the old holes dangerously close to the edge of base where they might even stick out a little and that would look horrible.
    Cutting Stainless Steele is a booger and I'd only get one chance to get this right.

I cut the sink in place. I used the new faucet base gasket as a template and marked where my cut should be.

It took 3 cut off wheels on the Dremel and about 15 minutes of time but I got a pretty good fit.
    Most of all the boss is happy with it.
    Thanks for sharing, looks pretty good. Yes, others might think (as I would) that any faucet would just fit. Good ingenuity to get the job done.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea, we got lucky when we replaced ours. It did "Just fit" Cost $39 bucks on sale at Lowes. Sorry you ran into that issue. FWIW, it looks awesome!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    yea, we got lucky when we replaced ours. It did "Just fit" Cost $39 bucks on sale at Lowes. Sorry you ran into that issue. FWIW, it looks awesome!

Bill
    Thanks Bill. I even loosened the clips that hold the sink down and tried to fudge it a bit. OH well.....
    Thanks for the kind words.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax