User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noisy Fan in Norcold double door refrigerator.

Hi Folks, is the Fan in our Norcold double door refrigerator supposed to run constantly? Seems kinda noisy.

The fridge is in our new-to-us 2018 Solitude 310GK and it's the fridge with the double stainless steel doors.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    Hi Folks, is the Fan in our Norcold double door refrigerator supposed to run constantly? Seems kinda noisy.

The fridge is in our new-to-us 2018 Solitude 310GK and it's the fridge with the double stainless steel doors.
    The fan inside our Norcold 2118 (2018 Solitude 310GK) runs as long as the refrigerator burner is running. Unfortunately, unless it is below 45F outside, it is running constantly. Yes, I do mean it runs 24/7 (except during the defrost cycle roughly every 2 days). The in refrigerator fan is not very noisy (in my opinion). I can hear it when the door is open, but I do not hear it when the door is closed (and yes, it is still running). Please note that the fan inside the refrigerator and the exterior fans (over the cooling unit) are controlled separately. The exterior fans do cycle off and on with our unit.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On ours, it's very noticeable even with the door closed. When we brought the trailer home from the seller we stayed overnight at a campground and neither of us noticed the fan. I just noticed it yesterday after firing up the fridge after it being off for a couple weeks.