Thread: Norcold 1210

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold 1210

I am sure this may have already been discussed but I wasn't able to find anything. We have a 2021 Solitude 3950BH and the Norcold 1210 refrigerator is very picky. I have found when I bring home from storage to prep for a trip the refrigerator does not cool. I have checked everything per the service manual. The only thing I can figure is with the trailer sitting at a 3 degree angle it doesn't like it. The service manual says not to exceed 6 degrees. 24hrs after being at the campground it cools down.

Anyone run into this same issue?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We full-timed with a 1210 for 4-1/2 years... had a lot of problems with it (including one complete replacement of the cooling unit). What you're describing sounds more like a bubble or chemical membrane in the refrigerant system. Read post #4 in this thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...norcold+reboot

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooney03 View Post
    I am sure this may have already been discussed but I wasn't able to find anything. We have a 2021 Solitude 3950BH and the Norcold 1210 refrigerator is very picky. I have found when I bring home from storage to prep for a trip the refrigerator does not cool. I have checked everything per the service manual. The only thing I can figure is with the trailer sitting at a 3 degree angle it doesn't like it. The service manual says not to exceed 6 degrees. 24hrs after being at the campground it cools down.

Anyone run into this same issue?
    3 degrees running on propane can lead to issues with excessive heat. I don't recall the specs, but off-angle operation is bad for the evaporative units.
    I had many issues with mine.. checked the door alignment, added fans to the slide-out vents, etc... Could get it to work "OK", but NOT in 90+ weather. JC Refri

Others have had similar issues, and have replaced the cooling unit to little or no resolution.

Ultimately I replaced my cooling unit with a JC Refrigeration unit. MUCH better than OEM. While they have eval units, I ended up choosing the 12v compressor.
    Best move I ever made with respect to the fridge!

0 degrees in freezer (hard ice cream), and fridge stays nice and cold (34 to 36 degrees). I also added some insulation to the top of the unit as there is a large unused cavity above the fridge; just a giant heat sink in the summer.

Best of luck !!!
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW