User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intermittent USB outlet issues

We recently purchased a 2021 Imagine 2800BH. Other than our walk thru we camped in the backyard to put everything through it’s paces before traveling hundreds of miles away from home. Power came by way of a converter to plug into 15A service since I haven’t gotten around to installing a 30/50A outlet. There was no need to run any major appliances. Propane ran heat/water heater and lights were all we used. All went well except one odd issue. I noticed that when I plugged my phone in to charge it in the USB ports it would sometimes charge and sometimes not. I tried using a standard charger plugged into an outlet and that also worked only intermittently. I thought maybe it was an issue with there not being enough power however, I experienced the same intermittent issue when camping recently with 30A service. Sometimes the outlet would charge a phone, sometimes it would not. I tested all outlets and they all behave the same way. What am I missing?
    2021 Imagine 2800BH

2016 Ford Expedition EL

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nditoto View Post
    We recently purchased a 2021 Imagine 2800BH. Other than our walk thru we camped in the backyard to put everything through it’s paces before traveling hundreds of miles away from home. Power came by way of a converter to plug into 15A service since I haven’t gotten around to installing a 30/50A outlet. There was no need to run any major appliances. Propane ran heat/water heater and lights were all we used. All went well except one odd issue. I noticed that when I plugged my phone in to charge it in the USB ports it would sometimes charge and sometimes not. I tried using a standard charger plugged into an outlet and that also worked only intermittently. I thought maybe it was an issue with there not being enough power however, I experienced the same intermittent issue when camping recently with 30A service. Sometimes the outlet would charge a phone, sometimes it would not. I tested all outlets and they all behave the same way. What am I missing?
    What kind of phone do you have? Make and model?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried a different charger and a different cord?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Have you tried a different charger and a different cord?

Yes, tried multiple phones and multiple chargers, same thing happens. Oddly if it works, it charges my phone fine. If I disconnect my phone then hours later plug it back in it won’t start charging unless I unplug and then plug the charging cable back in at the outlet side.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH

2016 Ford Expedition EL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    What kind of phone do you have? Make and model?

Both my wife and I have iPhone X and both experience the issue
    2021 Imagine 2800BH

2016 Ford Expedition EL

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be worth taking a meter to the outlets and see what kind of power you are getting. Since you're on 15A power, might also be worthwhile to open all the breakers except for main and the outlets and see if there is any change, maybe you are attempting to draw too much power from the 15A source.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both my wife and I have iPhone X and both experience the issue
    Okay, it most likely is due to Apple's pickiness on charging. If your cable and wall plug work with the phones, but the cable and the USB outlet in the coach doesn't work, that is most likely the issue. Plus the iPhone X requires a 2.1 amp charge, and the ports in the coach provide a 1 amp charge.

There are a couple of things you can do about that, but they all will cost money. First, there are cables out there that truck the iPhone into thinking it is receiving the correct amperage from a port, they will run around $40.00 or more. Second, would be to replace the outlets with a 12v pretty and plug a 12v charger into that to charge the phones.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Might be worth taking a meter to the outlets and see what kind of power you are getting. Since you're on 15A power, might also be worthwhile to open all the breakers except for main and the outlets and see if there is any change, maybe you are attempting to draw too much power from the 15A source.

That's actually not the issue. Those ports are designed to have no more than 1 amp of power output.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intermittent USB outlet issues

My does the same thing on all outlets. I just plug it in and out from the usb outlet rapidly and it works after the 3 time or so. Amazon sells some outlets I can replace but they do work eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    That's actually not the issue. Those ports are designed to have no more than 1 amp of power output.

I would agree, except he said he attempted using a phone charger with a standard outlet which should be more than the 1A. I know the USB outlets arent "fast charger" type outlets.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast