User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    I had a 30 amp camper and I found the same issue, you cannot run all that one 30 amps (TV, coffee pot and electric griddle). Both the griddle and coffee pot chew up the amps. Especially if you are running the AC. I started to pack an extension chord for plugging into the 20 amp on the post for any outdoor fans and griddles like Canada. Once that was done, there was no problems after. The other thing that caused a problem was the hair dryer. When the girls were getting ready in old camper, sometimes we had to turn the AC off for a few minutes. One of the reasons we moved up to a 50 amp camper.
    Unfortunately It does not get much better with a 50 amp trailer! I have a 50 amp Reflection, which should have plenty of amperage, but the way GD wires these things I have to juggle my power also! I only have two circuits for my outlets, so when it is cool we run an electric heater, start the coffee pot and when my wife starts to blow dry her hair we have to unplug something! One 15 amp circuit will not run two heating units for more than an couple of minutes before tripping! Ridiculous that GD does not put more than two circuits in a large 50 amp trailer! I have plenty of outlets, but they do you no good if you can't use them!!!!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you did, in fact. trip the inside breaker as well, it must be turned "OFF" to reset, then turned back to "ON". All lever-type circuit breakers work that way.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electrical amperage overloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamas1963 View Post
    We are in our maiden voyage with our 2021 GD Imagine 2600rb. Love the trailer but this morning we had TV, coffee pot and electric griddle on. Lost power and while checking breakers turned off the main 30 amp. The 30 amp breaker at electric pedestal outside had tripped. I reset outside but the 30 amp inside trailer will not reset. Any ideas or am I missing something?? New to this trailer. Any help greatly appreciated if it is a simple task. Thanks, Rob
    We had similar issue not long ago. May I suggest you purchase a plug in voltage meter that will tell you when you are overtaxing the electrical system.
    Even if you reset the outside, if you're pulling more amperage than your unit is rated for, it will continue to trip.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a washer and dryer circuit breaker for your trailer? With a little work and
    you can use these for dedicated circuits. Or remove the single breaker and put twin breakers in like GD for other circuits.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210430_110931.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	33920
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a washer and dryer circuit breaker for your trailer? With a little work and
    you can use these for dedicated circuits. Or remove the single breaker and put twin breakers in like GD for other circuits.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210430_110931.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	33920
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123