User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30 amp main breaker

We are in our maiden voyage with our 2021 GD Imagine 2600rb. Love the trailer but this morning we had TV, coffee pot and electric griddle on. Lost power and while checking breakers turned off the main 30 amp. The 30 amp breaker at electric pedestal outside had tripped. I reset outside but the 30 amp inside trailer will not reset. Any ideas or am I missing something?? New to this trailer. Any help greatly appreciated if it is a simple task. Thanks, Rob

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trailer shouldn’t need to be “reset” if it didn’t trip

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run a separate extension cord to the 15 amp pedestal to run my coffee maker
    A griddle and a coffee maker could possibly be using 3000 watts. A lot of draw
    Something to consider next time

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next time I will do differently. What I’m trying to figure out is the main 30 amp breaker does not reset. It is not feeling like it is engaging like a breaker should. Didn’t know if I’m missing something. Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamas1963 View Post
    Next time I will do differently. What I’m trying to figure out is the main 30 amp breaker does not reset. It is not feeling like it is engaging like a breaker should. Didn’t know if I’m missing something. Thanks
    Maybe unhook from the pedestal and try to cycle the breaker inside again
    Pretty simple systems. Wouldn’t think the breaker would have failed but anything is possible

Check gfci as well

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamas1963 View Post
    Just in case you don't know (maybe you do), you can't just turn the breaker off, then back on. Once you turn it off, keep pushing in that same direction until the breaker handle will NOT move anymore, then turn it back on. That is what actually resets the breaker.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does your tt have a hardwire surge protector? This would have been added on by the dealer or you. Is there even electricity at the pole? Even though you reset that breaker, there's another one down the line. This can be checked with a multimeter if you have one. Just trying to help you illuminate some possibilities.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bet goes with the pedestal breaker not being correctly reset.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all that replied. I removed the 30 amp main breaker as it did not feel like it was engaging like a breaker typically does when turning on. Squeezing with my left hand and moving lever with my right the breaker worked as it should. I will not touch this breaker again until I get home and talk with dealer. Apparently a bad breaker and will replace and get spare for 15,20 and 30 before next travels. Even brand new can have issues. Rob

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 30 amp camper and I found the same issue, you cannot run all that one 30 amps (TV, coffee pot and electric griddle). Both the griddle and coffee pot chew up the amps. Especially if you are running the AC. I started to pack an extension chord for plugging into the 20 amp on the post for any outdoor fans and griddles like Canada. Once that was done, there was no problems after. The other thing that caused a problem was the hair dryer. When the girls were getting ready in old camper, sometimes we had to turn the AC off for a few minutes. One of the reasons we moved up to a 50 amp camper.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast