User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamas1963 View Post
    Thanks to all that replied. I removed the 30 amp main breaker as it did not feel like it was engaging like a breaker typically does when turning on. Squeezing with my left hand and moving lever with my right the breaker worked as it should. I will not touch this breaker again until I get home and talk with dealer. Apparently a bad breaker and will replace and get spare for 15,20 and 30 before next travels. Even brand new can have issues. Rob
    My reaction to carrying spare breakers is to not bother. Those things hardly ever fail. Especially after some short term use. They do go bad but not enough to carry spares. And usually, even in the most remote places, there is a hardware store somewhere nearby.

Now watch - one of mine will fail...!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all that replied. I removed the 30 amp main breaker as it did not feel like it was engaging like a breaker typically does when turning on. Squeezing with my left hand and moving lever with my right the breaker worked as it should. I will not touch this breaker again until I get home and talk with dealer. Apparently a bad breaker and will replace and get spare for 15,20 and 30 before next travels. Even brand new can have issues. Rob
    If your saying the breaker is defective it’s not even worth a phone call to the dealer. The panel should list the type of breakers the panel will accept. Just go to a Home Improvement store and pick one up for less than $10.

Last edited by Jerryr; 04-19-2021 at 09:21 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    If your saying the breaker is defective it’s not even worth a phone call to the dealer. The panel should list the type of breakers the panel will accept. Just go to a Home Improvement store and pick one up for less than $10.

Are breakers for RV’s readily available at most hardware stores? I am familiar with residential Square D breakers etc. but if availability is that easy that is great! Trailer is brand new is why I thought of contacting dealer. Thanks

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are breakers for RV’s readily available at most hardware stores? I am familiar with residential Square D breakers etc. but if availability is that easy that is great! Trailer is brand new is why I thought of contacting dealer. Thanks
    Yes, they are standard breakers used in home panels. The label on the distribution panel will list several brands and models that can be used as replacements. My 50 amp main breaker needed to be replaced. It was a $10 standard BR 50 amp double pole breaker available at Home Depot for $10.

Take yours to HD or Lowe’s and get a replacement.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 04-20-2021 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Yes, they are standard breakers used in home panels. The lable on the distribution panel will list several brands and models that can be used as replacements. My 50 amp main breaker needed to be replaced. It was a $10 standard BR 50 amp double pole breaker available at Home Depot for $10.

Take yours to HD or Lowe’s and get a replacement.
    Thank you for the information. That is good to know that breakers are readily available.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I learned to have spare breakers for all breakers inside camper and also carry 30 amp breakers for campground power. Learned over years that campground breakers need to be replaced often due being tripped so many times due to overloaded circuit and they become weak. I try to get campground to replace their breaker; if they can't I will do it.
    We have to be careful about what we have connected and running at same time. Lots of times I cut off water heater while we are using coffee maker or microwave especially if electric fire place is running. My wife has learned to turn off most electric appliances and electric fireplace before using hair dryer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    I learned to have spare breakers for all breakers inside camper and also carry 30 amp breakers for campground power. Learned over years that campground breakers need to be replaced often due being tripped so many times due to overloaded circuit and they become weak. I try to get campground to replace their breaker; if they can't I will do it.
    We have to be careful about what we have connected and running at same time. Lots of times I cut off water heater while we are using coffee maker or microwave especially if electric fire place is running. My wife has learned to turn off most electric appliances and electric fireplace before using hair dryer.
    Thanks. I was thinking of having spares as they don’t take up that much space and may save headaches if ever needed. We are on first trip with our 2021 and you’d think all would work fine with a brand new breaker. If I hadn’t removed from panel and messed with it we would be operating on battery and propane for our last couple days away.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For around $10 apiece, a breaker of each size used is a good addition to your spare parts collection. Those along with a water valve for the toilet( I have had two of them fail), and a spare propane regulator, and you are covered for most of the major items that can ruin a camping trip.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    For around $10 apiece, a breaker of each size used is a good addition to your spare parts collection. Those along with a water valve for the toilet( I have had two of them fail), and a spare propane regulator, and you are covered for most of the major items that can ruin a camping trip.
    Thanks for advice. Much appreciated. Rob

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I think we all need to watch reruns of Green Acres starring Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor. (A comedy on the air from 1965 to 1971.)

A running gag on the show had Oliver reminding Lisa to add up the numbers (amps) he posted on every electric appliance before turning them on. When the total approached 15 (or whatever the limit was) that was all their generator could handle.

Pretty much like being plugged into any campground. And make sure you have a good surge protector at the campground post!
    2019 Imagine 2970RL 34' Travel Trailer, pulled by 2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Diesel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast