User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was time to replace the Westlake tires on our 2018 303 and we got the Goodyear Endurance E-Rated. Had no problem with the Westlakes.
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just experienced the Westlake tire BOMBS on this Sunday 4/25th heading north on Route 95 north of Daytona, Florida heading back to New Hampshire. We have a 2017 337 with about 5,000 miles on it. In our 30 years of RVing it finally happened. (left front tire) And I checked tire pressures and re-torqued the wheels on Saturday. I just ordered 4 Goodyear Endurances. I did some research, and decided on the Goodyears over the Sailun's due to the speed rating N-87 mph. I won't tow that fast, but it's too easy to go over 70 mph on the interstates. I don't want to experience another TIRE BOMB!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replace my China Bombs

Quote Originally Posted by Roarinbear View Post
    I just experienced the Westlake tire BOMBS on this Sunday 4/25th heading north on Route 95 north of Daytona, Florida heading back to New Hampshire. We have a 2017 337 with about 5,000 miles on it. In our 30 years of RVing it finally happened. (left front tire) And I checked tire pressures and re-torqued the wheels on Saturday. I just ordered 4 Goodyear Endurances. I did some research, and decided on the Goodyears over the Sailun's due to the speed rating N-87 mph. I won't tow that fast, but it's too easy to go over 70 mph on the interstates. I don't want to experience another TIRE BOMB!
    Old tires with only 5000 miles???

Likely rotted out. Not really a fault of the tire
    Do you leave the trailer on a seasonal site?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You made good choice by going with Goodyear Endurance tires. You were at upper life cycle of China Bombs, probably mfg in 2016, making them about 5 years old.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not put anything Goodyear on anything I own ! I put sailuns on my GD 351 m toyhauler and love them great tire at reasonable price delivered to my door !

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Did you have one go off like a “bomb”?
    Why are you calling them that?
    I heard mine let go over the loud 6.0 Diesel at 62 Mph!!! It DID sound like a bomb going off!!!!

Carlisle makes a 15-ply load range "G" R16 tire...About $200 each. The Carlisle's on my last travel trailer lasted 20 years!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I traded with less than 500 miles because of slow leak on sidewall. Got the Goodyear! We were headed from near Memphis to Key West! The trailer drove so much better! None of the tires lost any pressure on the 2k+ mile trip. Just feeling so much safer was worth the investment. Got mine at Goodyear, but Walmart could order them for you. About $10 a tire cheaper at Walmart.

If I had not had the TireMinders, I would of been in trouble.
    BigSam
    2021 Imagine 2500 RL
    2020 F150 SuperCab FX4 6.5 Bed 5.0L Engine
    Carry Cap 2066# Tow Cap 9100# Truck 7050# GWVR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    I have a 2020 Reflection 303RLS that came with Westlake 235/80 R16 E rated Tires.
    I am thinking Sailun 637 G rated or Goodyear Endurance E rated.
    1 Which ones?
    2 Who to buy from?
    Tires have three ratings:
    mileage, it used to be a 3 digit#
    Temperature rating, a letter
    Traction rating.

There is a trade off between traction and mileage, so a soft tire that wears faster stops better.

That being said, read up on the tire ratings and buy the tire for the driving conditions and the experience of the driver. If you are driving in the summer in the SW USA then a high temp rating tire is the best choice. If you are driving in the mountains &/or busy traffic areas with frequent or demanding stops then a high traction rating might be the way to go. I would not put a teenager in a high mileage rating tire with a low traction rating. Tires are more than cost, see above... Be safe, make an informed buying decision

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the inside of your wheels from under the trailer, and you will see a stamp that tells you the PSI rating of the wheel. Lots of opinions on tires, but if you decide on the Sailuns I would suggest buying them from Walmart. They will be shipped to your door and are easily returnable if you get an out-of-date tire. I bought 4 Sailuns for my Heartland Bighorn (replacing the existing 5-year-old Sailuns) just before we decided to trade it and they were within two months of manufacture. Simpletire would not guarantee tire freshness. I had tens of thousands of miles in the Sailuns that were replaced and they looked like new.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my OEM Westlakes on Day One with Bridgestone Duravis R250's--a ribbed tire. The difference in tread and sidewall thickness was incredible, and the Bridgestones are such superior tires. The Westlakes are just so puny and lightweight.

Since then, the Goodyear Endurance tires have come into the ST tire market, and I've not heard any complaints on RV's or general trailer use.

I also have never heard one bad word about the Sailun G637's on RV's. I went and ordered Sailuns for my tow vehicle on the front, and they're doing just fine at $100 each less than the Michelins they replaced. Walmart.com sells Sailuns, and they come in directly from the company.

It all comes down to peace of mind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast