Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bathroom leak please help!

Hey guys, 2 yr of being a RV owner. Due to covid the dealer is not coming out to do warranty work on my RV. I have a water leak somewhere in my bathroom that is dripping down and creating puddles under trailer. I have a 2019 GD Reflection BH150. First notice a issue when the carpet at inside corner of slide was wet. Checked all the seals and they are good. Also hasn't rained in over a week. So I went under trailer and noticed the puddles. Water tracking along frame and also down the water drain lines creating puddles. I pulled out the fake wall by nautilus system and looked in there and behind water heater and no leaks. It has to be up higher so that leads me to the shower or sink in Bathroom. However I can't see it at all. Need to know if there's a access panel somewhere? Anyone else have a issue with these fixtures and fittings? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no such model as a "BH150." Do you mean one of the Reflection 150 Series models such as the 268BH?

I assume you have checked under the bathroom sink to make sure those faucet connections aren't dripping or there isn't a loose drain fitting on the sink? Two of the other common causes of leaks in the area you describe are leaks around the shower door frame and a faulty backflow preventer on the black tank flush. The backflow preventer is usually accessed through a panel on the back side of the shower faucet (in our Reflection, it was in a "linen" closet in the bathroom; in our Solitude, it's a panel on in the back of the pantry). It's a great time to check the back of the shower faucet while you have that access panel off.

When you get your RV model number, you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey sorry it's a reflection 150 290BH. My mistake. Yes I did look at the line under sink. They are good. The lines go directly into floor but not sure if it could be leaking at the hidden connection. On the backside of our shower is a armoire in the bedroom. Not sure if there's a access panel there. I didn't want to start taking things apart without having a gameplan. The leak is constant while under pressure. If I turn of water main no leak. So it's definitely a waterline or fixture connection. Thanks for the reply!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, so I figured out the issue. So if you can believe it the issue was just plain sloppy workmanship right from Grand Design. In behind the Nautilus system if you remove the panel there you can see pretty much every waterline connection and fittings. Well pretty much 99% of them were not crimped on properly and the quality of the waterlines is worse than a garden hose from the dollar store. Some of the crimp rings were on half way on fittings??? So bad. So after realizing it's a complete mess I decided to rip out everything. I reinstalled all new fittings and used PEX with proper crimps rings and fittings. Really disappointed in this. I'm sure I won't be the only one with this issue. There will be more to come!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it fixed. Many of us ripped out the flexible hose and replaced with PEX. I haven't done it on my 311 yet, but did do it on my 399. I even ripped out the Nautilus panel, good luck when a valve craps out. It's a known issue on this forum about the incompatibility of the PEX fittings and flexible hose that is used, just a matter of time before it leaks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya it's amazing how bad these units are made but look so nice. Lol.