User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 303RLS Dining/Recliner Slide Floor

We purchased a 2014 Reflection 303RLS used in Oct 2020. We had the slides out over the winter while we were "moving" in to it., it was closed up mid January after we had to sleep in it after a windstorm knocked out power to our neighborhood and we wanted to stay warm, especially while we slept. Once we were done we closed the slides. Then mid February we went to open it and it wouldn't open all the way, it made an "almost" grinding noise. We took it into an RV repair shop in town; they diagnosed the problem that the rear window of the slide had been removed at some point by the previous (original) owners. When it was put back in it wasn't fully sealed against the outer wall of the slide, so it was leaking which caused the plywood floor of the slide to get wet and was now warped. (We do not know how long the slide had been out at the consignment lot (or with the previous owner's storage) where we purchased it.) The repair shop had determined that it needs to be replaced. They have contacted GD who told them that they will have to find a replacement plywood floor for it. It has been 2 weeks and still no contact from GD. Is this floor not the same size as the new Reflection 303RLS being built today? We are getting frustrated by this; is there anyway we can hurry the process along, anywhere we can call to find the plywood floor? Thanks for the add to the forum.
    -Chris Whipple

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_W View Post
    We purchased a 2014 Reflection 303RLS used in Oct 2020. We had the slides out over the winter while we were "moving" in to it., it was closed up mid January after we had to sleep in it after a windstorm knocked out power to our neighborhood and we wanted to stay warm, especially while we slept. Once we were done we closed the slides. Then mid February we went to open it and it wouldn't open all the way, it made an "almost" grinding noise. We took it into an RV repair shop in town; they diagnosed the problem that the rear window of the slide had been removed at some point by the previous (original) owners. When it was put back in it wasn't fully sealed against the outer wall of the slide, so it was leaking which caused the plywood floor of the slide to get wet and was now warped. (We do not know how long the slide had been out at the consignment lot (or with the previous owner's storage) where we purchased it.) The repair shop had determined that it needs to be replaced. They have contacted GD who told them that they will have to find a replacement plywood floor for it. It has been 2 weeks and still no contact from GD. Is this floor not the same size as the new Reflection 303RLS being built today? We are getting frustrated by this; is there anyway we can hurry the process along, anywhere we can call to find the plywood floor? Thanks for the add to the forum.
    -Chris Whipple
    Chris - I do not recall if the slide room floors are the same material or "thickness" of your (ours too) 2014 vs today's 303 or not. Possibly Gary and Marcy @WhittleBurner may know as they have a 2014 too.....hopefully they will chime in.

Not certain if you have contacted GDRV Customer Service 574 825 9679 yourself but suggest calling them. By providing your VIN they may be able to get the information you need about your floor dimension thickness and type of wood product used used.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Dan I don't know for fact that the floor thicknesses are the same as today, but would think it would be. (that (thinking) always gets me in trouble)

As for procuring it from GD, with production so high these days They may not let it loose for a non warranty item. Has the dealer looked into marine plywood or something simular.

That rear slide window should have been a tip out opening, if you have to replace the window give it some thought. I find the angle awkward for easy opening. That is really about the only thing I don't like about our '14 303 after all this time.

Being a 5 plus yr old 303 be sure to have all the seals checked and resealed if needed. The area we saw that need to be resealed first was the shower sky light.

Welcome to the forum and the GD family! , great choice in floorplan !
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to thank Dan, Marcy &
    Gary for your replies to my thread. My husband went to the repair shop where our 303 is awaiting the plywood floor this afternoon, they’re supposed to be emailing him weekly updates and/or calling him. None has been done, but there is good news (🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞&#127996 they were able to place the order last week with a 4 week out delivery! So now it is only 3 weeks. They advised us to have it rhino lined before they install it so that this will never happen again! We requested that they not replace the carpet. We will put a luxury vinyl down. That way if there are any other leaks/issues we can see the wetness right away. Thanks you again for reaching out to me.
    Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, I didn’t edit that! 😂

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to thank Dan, Marcy &
    Gary for your replies to my thread. My husband went to the repair shop where our 303 is awaiting the plywood floor this afternoon, they’re supposed to be emailing him weekly updates and/or calling him. None has been done, but there is good news (🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞&#127996 they were able to place the order last week with a 4 week out delivery! So now it is only 3 weeks. They advised us to have it rhino lined before they install it so that this will never happen again! We requested that they not replace the carpet. We will put a luxury vinyl down. That way if there are any other leaks/issues we can see the wetness right away. Thanks you again for reaching out to me.
    Chris
    Chris - good to hear. You referenced that the rear slide window on slide the end wall as possibly being replaced by someone and the reason for the water damage. Trust this has been taken care of or will be as part of your repair process. This would be a good time for you all to inspect all your wall and ceiling openings to ensure the caulk is in good order and corrected if not.

Keep us posted.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will make sure we have everything inspected better than it was prior to us buying it. I think all that had been checked out was to make sure all the appliances, air conditioning, heater, water, drains and slides functioned properly. Our last RV was a 26' Wildwood by Forest River. It had one small slide and a rear kitchen. When I saw the 303RLS I was in love with it instantly. I still think we made a good decision on our purchase, despite the major issue of the slide. My husband retired 2 months ago, so we are looking forward to finally getting to take it out. We live in western Washington, only about 2 hours from the pacific ocean. All my siblings have smaller RV's, but we all get together at least once a year for a family camping trip. Dan I really appreciate all of your advise.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will make sure we have everything inspected better than it was prior to us buying it. I think all that had been checked out was to make sure all the appliances, air conditioning, heater, water, drains and slides functioned properly. Our last RV was a 26' Wildwood by Forest River. It had one small slide and a rear kitchen. When I saw the 303RLS I was in love with it instantly. I still think we made a good decision on our purchase, despite the major issue of the slide. My husband retired 2 months ago, so we are looking forward to finally getting to take it out. We live in western Washington, only about 2 hours from the pacific ocean. All my siblings have smaller RV's, but we all get together at least once a year for a family camping trip. Dan I really appreciate all of your advise.
    You are welcome ! Hope all works out and you enjoy your 303 as much as Carol and I have along with many other long time and newer GDRV owners.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear the mend will be in the near future. Also agree on the vynil flooring. We're at the replace the carpet point and have been tossing vynil flooring around for both the slide and bedroom. With 3 dogs vynil would be so much easier to keep clean.

We camp with family often and have gotten quite a few people into the 303 on rainy days. Happy travels
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/