Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tire Wear

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire Wear

I have a 2012 Toyota Tundra 2WD and was told I needed to replace tires on last oil change. I got to looking and right side tires are wearing more than left side tires and I rotate them every 5,000(front to back) miles when I have oil changed. Tires are wearing evenly and doesn't appear to be alignment problem. Use truck primarily to pull camper; very little miles from running around.
    Has anyone noticed this on your tow vehicle?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are only rotating front to back, and there's no suspension issue caught in the alignment check, it's resulting from your main drive wheel (commonly the right rear) which tend to wear faster due to spinning when starting off.. Rotating with rears to front and crossing fronts to the back position is the norm and will help this significantly.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the insights regarding tire wear. What specific tire were you using that time? I'm currently looking for new tires at 4WheelOnline to replace my worn-out ones.
    Current Setup: 2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab long bed Dually | 2008 Lance 1055